DIY - Stock Raptor 2.5 Shock Rebuild.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stewhoppy

Reaction score
Thanks Jef. I checked mine at the weekend and fronts were at 200 and rears 180. I guess I should get them charged to 240psi

And these were rebuilt in December 2018, so probably not charged correctly by the rebuilder.......

Hasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Jef. I checked mine at the weekend and fronts were at 200 and rears 180. I guess I should get them charged to 240psi

And these were rebuilt in December 2018, so probably not charged correctly by the rebuilder.......

200psi is what your looking for, the thread reflects the update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M3toSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody done the rubber eyelet bushings on the rear shocks? Having a time getting new ones in without damage.

Cole2534

Reaction score
Any tips or tricks for breaking loose a stubborn top bearing cap? I have a gland wrench but the shock body is loosening from the bottom cap not top. I’ve tried a vice on the shock body, ratcheting strap, but to no avail. At this point I was considering buying a new body and bearing cap but I don’t think I’ll be able to pull the IFP and valve stock out through the bottom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm late to the party on this, but I made up a hammer wrench for the application. It's posted a few pages back.

ETA- It's the 2nd post on pg31.

N2fire

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wondering about the rubber eyelet also. I couldn't find any resources on it.

77irish77

Reaction score
Did anyone happen to save the pictures that accompany the instructions? I am going to start a rebuild next weekend and the pictures would be a huge help!