DIY - Stock Raptor 2.5 Shock Rebuild.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mmaterni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First time

Hi,
Sorry if this was covered but I have been over the PDF's and thread and couldn't find it.

What is the torque spec for the nut on the piston?

Also, I have never used the equipment to refill the nitrogen but will be purchasing everything to do the rebuild soon. How does this equipment work? I understand the use of a regulator and that the needle injects the nitro to the shock but what are the Rubber Pellets for?

Hopefully there will be a video soon or maybe I will document my first time rebuild so others can learn from what I screw up. This is a great write up and I really appreciate all the work thats been done here. The FRF crew is awesome. Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• Trr14 ApolloLightslogo.jpg
    Trr14 ApolloLightslogo.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 133
OP
OP
m3dragon

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hi,
Sorry if this was covered but I have been over the PDF's and thread and couldn't find it.

What is the torque spec for the nut on the piston?

Also, I have never used the equipment to refill the nitrogen but will be purchasing everything to do the rebuild soon. How does this equipment work? I understand the use of a regulator and that the needle injects the nitro to the shock but what are the Rubber Pellets for?

Hopefully there will be a video soon or maybe I will document my first time rebuild so others can learn from what I screw up. This is a great write up and I really appreciate all the work thats been done here. The FRF crew is awesome. Thanks for any help.

For the nut, tighten down 1/8 turn after tight. On average it is flush to the bace of the shaft.

The regulator sets the pressure so you won't go above the 240-250 psi.

If you need direct help, shoot me a PM and I will give you my cell. I have helped several members remote via text or whats-up out of country.

mmaterni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PM sent. How is everyone getting the bottom shock bolt tight to spec? I have seen torque multipliers, impacts, and bars all mentioned.

Attachments

• #23logo.jpg
    #23logo.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 124
OP
OP
m3dragon

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You mean when you install. It should be 300lb tq.

Get a 700lb impact from harbor freight for 60 bucks. Job done LOL.

PM replied

mmaterni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a part number for both of these items?

- New front or rear screw cap (What Fox calls the cap that holds the bleeder screws and seals) $35

---------- Post added at 09:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 AM ----------

Ordering everything I need to do rebuild this week. If anyone has tool sets they no longer need or want let me know and I will buy them used rather than new.
Need:
Spanner wrench
Guage and valve
Tank
Snap ring pliers
And all needed bolts to disassemble reassemble shocks.
Have everything else.

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Spanner wrench can be made quiet easily with a couple of pins and a length of bar, a drill a grinder and a welder.

Plenty of options on fill kits online do some searching I used raceready products for mine.

Tank - go to your local beverage supply house and buy a used tank there should be less than 100 for a small tank.

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I went to my local airgas to get a tank and gauge. I stopped by a local transmission and hose shop and they made me a custom length hose, will all the needed fittings, for under $30.

Everything else I ordered from the OPs list, shock parts I got from SDHQ

mmaterni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went to my local airgas to get a tank and gauge. I stopped by a local transmission and hose shop and they made me a custom length hose, will all the needed fittings, for under $30.

Everything else I ordered from the OPs list, shock parts I got from SDHQ

Went to my local airgas supplier today as well for the tank and gauge. Ordered Seals, new shock fluid, fill adapter and spanner wrench from OP. I have plenty of hose and fittings here so I'll make something work. Planning on writing up how it goes after I git r done.

jef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a part number for both of these items?

- New front or rear screw cap (What Fox calls the cap that holds the bleeder screws and seals) $35

1. Bearing Housing Front 203-00-024
2. Bearing Housing Rear 203-00-026
3. Rubber Pellet 010-00-000-a
4. Screw 010-00-017-a
5. Ball 010-01-000-A