DIY - Stock Raptor 2.5 Shock Rebuild.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
m3dragon

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok after doing my due diligence the cheapest rebuild kit it from Shockseals.com.

Kris's kit has the best seals for all 4 shocks and for the best price. Only thing he does not include is the rubber pellet. That is a hit or miss if you can't re-use it. Just make sure to keep your needle safe.

Last edited:
OP
OP
m3dragon

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There is no difference, both we and poly use the same Fox rebuild kits.

Thanks for confirming Jason.

For reference the diy and what I use for exchange program are from shockseals.com as noted on main post.

Any kit works but if u reference pics that is the kit I use.

OP
OP
m3dragon

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Edited eailr post.

Shockseals.com is the best and cheapest seal kit for the DIY shock raptor builder.

OP
OP
m3dragon

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
UPDATES

Rebuilt a 5.4 that had 6.2 spec shocks. It looks like later years of the 5.4 had the 6.2 A shocks.

First months of the 5.4 have the odd ball shocks and shimms.

Will update more as more are built.

Vang

Reaction score
UPDATES

Rebuilt a 5.4 that had 6.2 spec shocks. It looks like later years of the 5.4 had the 6.2 A shocks.

First months of the 5.4 have the odd ball shocks and shimms.

Will update more as more are built.

Those were mine!! :)
The shocks are much better than before you guys did a great job... My idea of geiser springs on top perch was horrible though. My neck hurt on the drive home! I'm gonna see how mid perch is this weekend now that its sunny I can work on it.

OP
OP
m3dragon

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The springs were designed around mid perch so you will be much happier moving them. @vanilla_gorilla runs them and he is local. You can use a set of spring compressors and slight compress the springs while they are on the truck. them move the ring down.

OP
OP
m3dragon

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did our first bypass shock on a set of Fox 2.5's. Amazing how much they share the same parts with Raptor Shocks.

BypassFox.jpg

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just rebuilt my first set of front 2.5"s it was a breeze, take your time and anyone can do it with the right tools.