DIY stereo upgrade for under $500.00

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dhmcfadin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this a better way of doing it .
From a tuning and sound quality perspective, absolutely. The VXI dsp has 10 bands of equalization per channel of output.

When you run active, each speaker gets its own channel. That means if you have two tweeters and two midbass, you have 40 bands of equalization at your disposal. Each speakers gets 10 bands of eq each.

When you run passive (tweeter and midbass share a channel) you only have 20 bands of eq per pair that you can utilize.

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it .I may do it this way then. I assume if I used an amp with way less options or no DSP then it would Be more ideal to use the crossovers included

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I assume I would need the hook up 2 more rca from the zens first 6 channels for the tweeters .1 and 2 mid bass front , 3 and4 tweeters

dhmcfadin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I assume I would need the hook up 2 more rca from the zens first 6 channels for the tweeters .1 and 2 mid bass front , 3 and4 tweeters
No. You only need two channels of input for the front and two channels of input for the rear.

Front left and right (ch1/2) is a full frequency signal. From 20hz - 20,000hz. This signal is then split by your dsp and cut into specific frequency ranges based on the type of speaker.

20,000hz- 4000hz Tweeter
4000hz- 80hz Midbass
80hz and below Subwoofer

Rear left and right (ch7/8) to rear speaker amplifier channels.

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it. So the amp is where I would put the tweeters on there own channel , So like one and two would be the front mid bass ,Three and four the tweeters ,Five and six would be the Rears , Then I would get a separate monobloc amp for the sub

Last edited:

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The new tweet away is from the front a pillars to the rear I assume I just follow the sill plates ,Then snake them from the front kick panels to the a pillars. Is it easier to pull the battery wire and ground , Up the passenger side or driver side thru the firewall

dhmcfadin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The new tweet away is from the front a pillars to the rear I assume I just follow the sill plates ,Then snake them from the front kick panels to the a pillars. Is it easier to pull the battery wire and ground , Up the passenger side or driver side thru the firewall
Ch 1/2 tweeters
Ch 3/4 mids
Ch 4/5 rear

Run all wire down door sill. I think pulling power and ground wire through drivers side is easier but it’s up to you.

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With all of these upgrade to the audio everyone is doing , is the stock charging system Adequate. Meaning no issues

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter