DIY stereo upgrade for under $500.00

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dhmcfadin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Newb question, if you don't use this for adding the aftermarket sub, what do you use it for? Replacing the amp and door speakers fully? Does this adapter eliminate having to run new wires to the front A pillar tweeters to get a clean/unattenuated signal?
No. The tweeters are not a part of that harness because the B&O system utilizes the headunit to provide signal for the tweeters. You CANNOT use the factory tweeter wires at each a-pillar for signal because they are connected directly to the headunit. You can only use that aftermarket harness for all four door speakers. It’s not worth your time to splice into it for your tweeters. The signal chain is as follows:

1. Your amp will get signal from NavTV Zen a2b interface. The Zen has RCA outputs. This interface works in conjunction with the harness above and completely removes the factory b&o amp/dsp. DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING IN FORSCAN.

2. Mount your amp and crossovers on the rear wall.

3. From the amp, send signal to your crossovers.
The crossovers takes a full frequency signal splits the signal into a frequency range acceptable for the tweeter and midbass.

4. From the tweeter output of your crossover run new tweeters wires to the a-pillars.

5. From the midbass output of your crossover, splice into your new harness to connect to the front door speakers.

6. From channel 3/4 output of your amp, splice into your new harness and connect these channels to your rear speakers.

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The pac audio interface plug makes it so easy . I believe It just goes in series with the factory harness right before the zen

dhmcfadin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The pac audio interface plug makes it so easy . I believe It just goes in series with the factory harness right before the zen
Yes. But it does not include tweeter channels. You will need to run separate wires to each a-pillar.

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m actually getting g ready To run Twitter wires and the battery on the ground wires . So I can do the swap out in one day

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question on the amp do I need a rca y adapter, as the zen outputs one rca for the sub . I have the jl audio rd900 5 channel amp

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Question on the amp do I need a rca y adapter, as the zen outputs one rca for the sub . I have the jl audio rd900 5 channel amp

no...you do not need to...it gets summed in the amp. i did use a Y...just to make the install look cleaner...but it is optional

dhmcfadin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don’t need to use the sub output of the zen. The zen has 3 sets of front left and right channels. You take left and right from front left and right out of the zen and run left and right to your amp. You utilize the crossover on your sub amp to take this full frequency signal and apply an 80hz crossover.

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got what u r saying , the front is Basically a three-way speaker tweeter , mid , Sub