DIY Shady Tree Whipple Install Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
RBarn nice write up, except I take acception to being called a "Girlie Man" because I like my warranty.

I can't wait to see the Dyno results. Good luck!

OP
OP
R

rbarn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well we never did do a dyno pull with the stock throttle body, but tuner said he thinks I picked up a good 30+rwhp from the CJ throttle body since he usually sees 460rwhp on the 3.5 pulley.

497rwhp and 469rwtrq on the 3.375 pulley

Did not try the 3.25 pulley. tuner thought the stock fuel system would not keep up and didnt want to risk it.

Tuning done by Fastlane Motorsports here in Houston - 713-600-8600
Runs like stock. They agreed these new Ford ECU's are a nightmare to tune, but they have definitely got the Raptors singing.

Truck is a beast. Deavers keep the rear end planted and it will smoke the back tires with no wheel hop.

Red line is with 3.5 pulley. Blue line is 3.375 pulley. Picked up a little less than 1psi, no real top end gain, but picked up a good 15-20hp across the entire power band.

dyno1-1.jpg

dyno2-1.jpg

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the Dyno data.
And that's a 82 degree day, wait till you get a chance to run on a 40 degree or less day. I would say add another 20+ rwhp to those numbers.

OP
OP
R

rbarn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, those are some nice numbers

That cobra jet throttle body is what put it over the top for sure. Twin screw s/c's love to have the intake path opened up as much as possible.

Would be well over 500rwhp with LT's and high-flow cats.

keatonskidmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That cobra jet throttle body is what put it over the top for sure. Twin screw s/c's love to have the intake path opened up as much as possible.

Would be well over 500rwhp with LT's and high-flow cats.

So are those the next upgrade?

OP
OP
R

rbarn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's done. Maybe an 8 rib belt set-up after it strands me on the side of the freeway one night after throwing the 6 rib belt. lol

Forged rods and pistons in the distant future too.

2010 Shelby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice #'s rbarn! Just what I've been waiting on. Glad to see the results of the Cobra Jet TB and 3.375 pulley. I already have the long tubes and hi flow cats. Was doing the install yourself worth it? Would you do it yourself again? I have been contemplating having Livernois do mine.

OP
OP
R

rbarn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice #'s rbarn! Just what I've been waiting on. Glad to see the results of the Cobra Jet TB and 3.375 pulley. I already have the long tubes and hi flow cats. Was doing the install yourself worth it? Would you do it yourself again? I have been contemplating having Livernois do mine.

Just depends what your time is worth to you. I enjoy pulling wrenches as a hobby, this is my big boy Legos, so I would do it again myself. It's not hard, just tedious and frustrating at times.