DIY Bumpers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Considering how many Raptor owners replace the front bumper on their trucks, I am curious to see how many people have built their own. I am considering doing this myself, and have only seen a couple DIY's...

If you have built your own bumper, post up some pics and a little info about it.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I've seen a couple. Probably one of the more complicated design processes. Curious to see if anymore surface.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I sure hope to have a bigger and better shop soon so I can build something they way i want it. All I have done is bought a used rear bumper and modded it to what i wanted.

GREAT LAKES RAPTOR

When I got the bumper from Raptizzle it looked like this...
[URL=http://s1016.photobucket.com/user/jhockaday/media/DSC00812.jpg.html]

I installed this top piece and found out that it hit the rear camera when the gate was dropped.

Rear2012done002.jpg

SO I redid the mounting brackets and added the cut out for the plate and the camera. SO it now looks like this and will not hit the camera or the missing Ford pogo, Ya dropped the gate down at snoball and broke the thinh. lol

fasteddiefrisk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OH Ya...I have a new SVC bumper at home now and debating on cutting my frame. I like the radiused look that match's the plastic stock body work better but didn't have a way to bend it at home...