Dissecting an Autostop Eliminator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have one and it works for me. I could disable it permanently with forscan but I wanted the option to turn it on and off. $80 and you can take it with you if you get rid of your ride.

It is a lot of money for what it is, but with the other hobbies i'm involved with $80 is cheep, try buying watch parts......

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don’t care what it cost. Installed same type thing on my 911. I hate auto stop start. Love it on my Raptor. As for pedal commander, that was waste of dough. It sits in my closet somewhere.

PlainJane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My autostop no longer works, must of got tired of me turning it off.

Complaining about the price of items, I find laughable.

If its not worth the cost to you, pass, otherwise be proud you can afford it.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
I don’t care what it cost. Installed same type thing on my 911. I hate auto stop start. Love it on my Raptor. As for pedal commander, that was waste of dough. It sits in my closet somewhere.

You might like the Sprint booster.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I’m one of those jackasses who spent $80 (on sale) on an Autostop Eliminator...or am I? Yes, I tried forscan but didn’t like the way it adjusts the whole BMS system vs just A.S.S. so I sprung the money.

Anywho, in case you’re wondering...I removed the cover and this is what it looks like on the inside. Definitely a smidge more advance than a simple jumper cable or similar idea. While I still think the $100 asking price is highway robbery ($50 would be more fair to me), the tech in this little gadget does make me a little more content with the purchase.

Out of curiosity, can anyone familiar with circuitry tell what’s going on here and share with the class?

View attachment 142480

View attachment 142481

View attachment 142482
IC1 is a voltage regulator and the 8-pin at the bottom is a microprocessor. The rest are transistors and signal conditioning passive components, capacitors, diodes, resistors. The processor took a bit of programming development and the connectors probably aren’t super cheap and neither is the assembly if they’re really buying and building all in the US. Probably nearly $25 cost including the housing. Then there’s the engineering development that wouldn’t be cheap.

Ali 556

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude, just unplug it under zedash, on another note auto start stop proven to save fuel on inter- city driving.

OP
OP
MAMiller44

MAMiller44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have one and it works for me. I could disable it permanently with forscan but I wanted the option to turn it on and off. $80 and you can take it with you if you get rid of your ride.

It is a lot of money for what it is, but with the other hobbies i'm involved with $80 is cheep, try buying watch parts......
Hahaha so true. I’ll spend $2k on a camera lens, $1k for a slip-on exhaust tip, or $300 for a trigger. This Raptor hobby is pretty cheap!

dmb359

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I agree there. shit, I've blown a lot of money on that hobby too. At least high end watches don't lose value, lol.

REMIX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$50? You're being generous. There are probably less than $10 in components here, probably less if being made in some communist country where they whip people and pay them $3.25/mo.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc