GEN 2 DISPLAY TURNS OFF

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KingKoopa17

Reaction score
This happened to me a few months ago. I was driving to work one morning and the message kept appearing and disappearing among other electrical abnormalities inside the cabin. Turns out the damn nut on the positive terminal of the battery was loose and kept losing connection on my drive in. Tightened the hell out of it and afterwards I had no problem.

Jughead

Reaction score
Mine did this today. Started up fine and then started to drive it went completely dead. No radio, no message.....nothing.

Came back on once I let it sit for about 15 min and restarted.

WTF?

2500 miles, 2020 bought in September.

Mike K

Reaction score
If I plug in my IPhone after I start my truck, my screen will freeze where it was and not respond until I stop and turn off ignition and wait for the screen turns off.

So I MUST plug in my phone before I start it, then the screen will not freeze but work as intended via phone.

I need to take it in.

2019 loaded w 33k miles.
Bought used at 26k miles.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If I plug in my IPhone after I start my truck, my screen will freeze where it was and not respond until I stop and turn off ignition and wait for the screen turns off.

So I MUST plug in my phone before I start it, then the screen will not freeze but work as intended via phone.

I need to take it in.

2019 loaded w 33k miles.

Not sure where to start on this one. Def not normal operation of the system. iPhone cables good? Try another. Phone updated? You may need to do a master reset of Sync and start fresh. Even the base level of Sync on a ‘19 shouldn’t exhibit this behavior.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Double check all of the connections as @KingKoopa17 mentioned. Also verify that the Craigslist “mechanic” didn’t install the aftermarket wiring between any factory power or ground connections.

Exactly. Did you employ a new aftermarket harness that may have come with the lights? With this no tampering of factory wiring would need to be done. Just tie into an upfitter switch as you did and properly ground to a factory ground point.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
This happened to me a few months ago. I was driving to work one morning and the message kept appearing and disappearing among other electrical abnormalities inside the cabin. Turns out the damn nut on the positive terminal of the battery was loose and kept losing connection on my drive in. Tightened the hell out of it and afterwards I had no problem.

Many have reported issues with that positive side nut being loose, mine was also loose.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I need to take it in.

2019 loaded w 33k miles.

Since you bought it used, who knows what was paired to that APIM before. Do a Master reset and re-evaluate. As @K223 mentioned, also verify that your phone is updated. Some 3rd party apps can also cause issues; you can verify by connecting your phone to another vehicle with sync or connecting a known good phone to your vehicle.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
That’s probably one of the best possible outcomes !
:cheers: