Disabling Neutral rev limiter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Mustangraptorkid

Mustangraptorkid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How am I gonna throw a piston or rod with the occasional car show rev or hanging with friends rev give me a break my mustang doesn't have a limiter ok'd why my truck does it's pointless

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

And to be clear I am not talking about the rev limiter at the end of a gear I'm talking about putting the car in neutral an not being able to rev it past three

jackrook

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How am I gonna throw a piston or rod with the occasional car show rev or hanging with friends rev give me a break my mustang doesn't have a limiter ok'd why my truck does it's pointless ---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 PM ---------- And to be clear I am not talking about the rev limiter at the end of a gear I'm talking about putting the car in neutral an not being able to rev it past three

I'm just saying it's there for a reason just like the speed limit regulator

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

---------- Post added at 09:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 AM ----------

Of course you're welcome to do what you want but the dealer WILL KNOW you took it out and MAY deny any warrant claims. I'm just trying to be the voice of reason. I've done things to my truck that others have said not to do so I can see both sides here. Just don't do something to blow your warranty Kid, because these trucks aren't cheap.

---------- Post added at 09:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 AM ----------

There's a reason I haven't put a tune in my truck. The dealer knows and has the right to void any warranty claims. And I break my truck a lot LOL

OP
OP
Mustangraptorkid

Mustangraptorkid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I understand the speed limiter is for safety and that's understandable but a rev limiter in neutral is stupid that's just my though on the whole thing

NJStangersJonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea a chase rack and I have and mbrp turn down exhaust I just don't like the rev limiter it's stupid

The tune is worth the money man. Take it from someone who has a Mustang like you. No idea what you are missing. Bite the bullet and get some five star tunes with a sct tuner.

Talk to Freedom on here for a good deal!