Disabling honking alerts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does fooling around with it void warranty?
That is an entire debate that can be had in a separate thread. Short answer is that you back up your asbuilt modules, so you can revert all FORScan changes before bringing your truck in for warranty work.

KevoUsmc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That is an entire debate that can be had in a separate thread. Short answer is that you back up your asbuilt modules, so you can revert all FORScan changes before bringing your truck in for warranty work.
But when you revert back to your backup doesn't that essentially clear the cache so they can technically tell the module was installed then uninstalled? Or something like that? I don't think we've confirmed either if this can be detected over the air yet

OP
OP
ben2k9

ben2k9

Reaction score
Roger that

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But when you revert back to your backup doesn't that essentially clear the cache so they can technically tell the module was installed then uninstalled? Or something like that? I don't think we've confirmed either if this can be detected over the air yet
There is a lot of strange stuff under the privacy settings in the infotainment screen. Things like Share your Driving Data, Share Vehicle Settings, others. You can toggle each off, but I guarantee that will make things like FordPass not work right. It is the classic trade your data for convenience play.

If you want to be 100% sure that you won't void your warranty, don't use things like FORScan. If you want to unlock the full capabilities of your vehicle and assume a small bit of risk, then go for it.

tdford6

Reaction score
FORScan best $20 I've spent in a while.

Took "Honk" when exit off on the "18 Gen2, '18 Expedition, and '15 Explorer. No more HONKS!!!!!!

mark20rptr

Reaction score
For what it’s worth I made a bunch of forscan changed to my 20 802a. Honk, mirror retract at lock, running light to parking (3 grill lights) and maybe a couple others. I went in for a new something or another module because my touchscreen wasn’t working anymore and they replaced the module no questions asked. The changes I made were intact when the truck was returned. Obviously not related to the module issues under warranty

mark20rptr

Reaction score
I just remembered I disabled the fake exhaust noise coming through the subwoofer. If you do anything in addition to the honk get rid of this racket.