Digital License Plate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SKS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Donmatteo Do you have to wait for DMV to issue you a new plate number before installing/driving? Glad it worked out for you.

OP
OP
Donmatteo

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@Donmatteo Do you have to wait for DMV to issue you a new plate number before installing/driving? Glad it worked out for you.
No. When I ordered it, I had to send a pic of the registration and the plate to them. Once they verified it, they programmed the plate and then shipped it to me.

Once it’s installed, you pair the plate with your phone via blue tooth to activate the plate and then you’re done.

you never need to reconnect your phone to your plate again as it updates on some unknown cycle via LTE. If you want to push info to it out of cycle, then you do an on demand pairing from the app otherwise you can use the website. You can change the message on the plate or the colors on demand.

it’s not a persistent Bluetooth connection. You need to pair it from the plates app.

dmv renewals are from the plate app and it’s immediately applied and the year updates on the plate. No waiting for 2 weeks for a new sticker.