GEN 2 "Diesel" idle sound warm engine?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Cam phasers make a noise on start up only that sounds like bad rod knock, you can’t miss it. You’re just hearing the DI system, sounds normal.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
You’re just hearing the DI system, sounds normal.

That’s what i thought as well. These engines are many things but they are not quiet with the hood open. There’s a lot of mechanical noise going on that you just don’t hear in the cabin.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Does it sound like this with the hood open?

COLORAP303

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I let the dealer listen to the video I took of mine and he said “that’s definitely not cam phasers”. I’ll try to remember to update everyone.

Doubledown

Reaction score
Curious what the dealer says. Mine sounds the same. I brought it in for a coolant leak which turned out to be the thermostat housing. They said nothing about the sound. Probably just normal. Definitely not cam phasers. I’m currently waiting on parts for that. Cam phasers make a horrible loud diesel sound for about 2-3 seconds. Very different and louder than your typical waste gate rattle.

Therock88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As some others suggested (And I am no expert), this sounds pretty normal and similar to mine. These engines are not super quiet on the outside (pretty quiet from the cabin).

I have had both the software update AND the actual Cam Phasers replaced. This sound is definitely not that.

DC

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter