DiabloSport Trinity Tuner - First Impressions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aalonso

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well here are my first impressions. Received the Trinity yesterday. Today I connected first to my office PC, registered the device, then got on the phone with Mike from DiabloSport to go over some questions on the update process. Mike was very helpful. I selected the vehicle type 2011 F-150 6.2L and then completed the update. Got home this evening, connected the Trinity tuner to my truck and followed the tune process. During the "read/backup" process at about 40%, the productivity panel in my dashboard started to show several faults such as: low engine oil, hill descent fault, advancetrack fault. Then the needles on all gauges started to quickly flicker/vibrate. On the trinity screen however the backup process proceeded OK. Once the backup completed, then proceeded to install tune. I noticed that on this version there was only 87 octane and the performance tune. I selected the performance tune which stated to use minimum 89/91 octane or 93 octane. Continued with the install, the gauge needles flickered again, and the faults poped up again. At the end of the write process, switched the ignition key on/off as requested by the trinity tuner. The faults disappeared from my dashboard, then disconnected the unit, and started the truck. Wow!!! The engine roared amazingly... First thing I noticed that my miles to empty read out jumped from 330 to 400. My gas tank had about 21 gallons left (full is 26),. I then proceeded to my nearest gas station to fill up. The miles to empty then jumped to 453 (never seen it this high), then drove on Manhattan's West Side Hwy. The acceleration and response from the gas pedal is awesome! Transmission shifting is sportier and firmer. There is no acceleration response lag.. The ride is great!! Tomorrow I will be heading to a 150 mile ride thru Long Island and I bet it will be great. Thanks so much. Great product. So far on hwy driving I can see a gain of almost 3mpg. Aside from this tuner, my raptor has the Roush CAI and Roush cat back exhaust with 23,500 miles. I know that most folks in this board have the 5 star tune, however I am new to the tuning world and I see a very remarkable difference in performance with this canned tune. The trinity tuner also allows for modifications to the canned tune as well as for additional custom tunes. So far so good. I will keep you posted as I burn more fun mies on this beast. :D

OP
OP
aalonso

aalonso

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Happy to inform that during my 130 mile trip to Montauk, while driving at about 70 mph, I was able to get 17.2 mpgs. Not bad!!

2011 Ford F150 Raptor SVT Molten Orange - Roush CAI & Exhaust

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great write up, glad you like it.... Interesting about the miles to empty, mine has always been funny. With 36g tank @93 it is expensive for me to test how accurate with a full fill.

Sent from iPad 3 using Tapatalk

NY SCREW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Happy to inform that during my 130 mile trip to Montauk, while driving at about 70 mph, I was able to get 17.2 mpgs. Not bad!!

oh man i was just in montauk like 3 weeks ago would have been nice to have a mini raptor meet....where did you go>?

OP
OP
aalonso

aalonso

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Camping at Hither Hills and right now having an early dinner at Gosman's Restaurant in Montauk!!

NY SCREW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ahhhh thats awesome man ....theres a newer bar/restaurant next to benn an jerrys when your going to gosmans really good pie an food nice laid back atmosphere. i go to gurneys inn every summer parents have a time share . i love it there great place to fish an relax

OP
OP
aalonso

aalonso

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347893635.869338.jpg

Here is average mpg for this past weekend driving at about 70mph and I averaged 17mpg with the DiabloSport Trinity tuner.

Last edited: