Deletes, Heated mirrors and heated steering wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KG885

Reaction score
That reminds me. The refunds Ford is offering for the two are peanuts. $140 won’t come close to touching the cost to get a heated steering wheel retrofitted after the fact. Also, they are essentially crediting you for their cost but keeping the profit for what they charge for the option.

Ford leadership is just flying by the seat of their pants at this point. These trucks have thousands of microchips each…produce a few less trucks to get complete vehicles to owners.
Also, you can't retrofit the steering wheel for heat; you will need a whole new wheel. My guy said that's a $3400 bill. Whoops!

fordfreek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, you can't retrofit the steering wheel for heat; you will need a whole new wheel. My guy said that's a $3400 bill. Whoops!
If it is as simple as installing a steering wheel and maybe a switch, hopefully there will be aftermarket options available that are less than $3400. I've seen one's for the gen2. Would be nice if ford cut us a deal when they become available, for us in the colder climate that use this option.

enjoitheride

Reaction score
Guys, I just picked up my ‘23. Not sure you’ll be able to do a future swap. The heated wheel button has been completely removed, and the heated seat buttons are bigger to fill the empty space.

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys, I just picked up my ‘23. Not sure you’ll be able to do a future swap. The heated wheel button has been completely removed, and the heated seat buttons are bigger to fill the empty space.
I have seen reports of it being fixable and some of it not being fixable.

The button issue is just $50 worth of parts I think.

enjoitheride

Reaction score
I have seen reports of it being fixable and some of it not being fixable.

The button issue is just $50 worth of parts I think.
Honestly, I’m not sure. I just wanted to report back, as I just picked my truck up yesterday, and there hasn’t been any real reports of what the truck included. I’m sure anything is possible.

raydulce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. Contrats on the truck! Pictures of the missing switches please?

raydulce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are what the buttons look like without heated wheel switch.
Thanks!

This just (well I can't type it here). @#()*$&@# I've been waiting since Feb 1, 2022. Now my truck is ~$7,000 more, missing a heated steering wheel, and just a few minutes ago find out it's also missing the security sensors?! Sorry, venting here a little but this is just stupid! If I didn't need a truck I would certainly hang on to whatever I had...