Deletes, Heated mirrors and heated steering wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

enjoitheride

Reaction score
Thanks!

This just (well I can't type it here). @#()*$&@# I've been waiting since Feb 1, 2022. Now my truck is ~$7,000 more, missing a heated steering wheel, and just a few minutes ago find out it's also missing the security sensors?! Sorry, venting here a little but this is just stupid! If I didn't need a truck I would certainly hang on to whatever I had...
I’ll be honest. I originally ordered a 21 Leadfoot. It came in, and I decided to wait. I finally was able to get a 23. I was annoyed when I got the word of heated wheel removal. However, I will say this; once you get in, fire it up, and drive it, you will forget the heated wheel thing. Trust me. It is an amazing truck. And, these aren’t getting cheaper, and who knows what availability will be next year. My dealer already mentioned Ford is cutting Raptor production across the board. Enjoy it. Life is short!

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
I’ll be honest. I originally ordered a 21 Leadfoot. It came in, and I decided to wait. I finally was able to get a 23. I was annoyed when I got the word of heated wheel removal. However, I will say this; once you get in, fire it up, and drive it, you will forget the heated wheel thing. Trust me. It is an amazing truck. And, these aren’t getting cheaper, and who knows what availability will be next year. My dealer already mentioned Ford is cutting Raptor production across the board. Enjoy it. Life is short!
Once you’ve had the heated steering wheel, I strongly disagree. No way I’m giving up that option while dealing with Montana winters!

enjoitheride

Reaction score
Once you’ve had the heated steering wheel, I strongly disagree. No way I’m giving up that option while dealing with Montana winters!
Had it in my 2020 Raptor. Have it in the wife’s vehicle. I know what it’s like. Everyone needs to do what’s best for them. If you need a heated steering wheel, wait till Ford brings it back. But from the regional Ford rep, it’s going to be a while. They are dealing with mass amounts of parts shortages. I was talking with a Mercedes sales rep. They have to remove five items immediately before ordering a customers vehicle. Then, it’s up to them if they want to place the order. This isn’t just Ford.

OP
OP
X

xlover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had it in my 2020 Raptor. Have it in the wife’s vehicle. I know what it’s like. Everyone needs to do what’s best for them. If you need a heated steering wheel, wait till Ford brings it back. But from the regional Ford rep, it’s going to be a while. They are dealing with mass amounts of parts shortages. I was talking with a Mercedes sales rep. They have to remove five items immediately before ordering a customers vehicle. Then, it’s up to them if they want to place the order. This isn’t just Ford.
Thanks for the photos, def looks like this won’t be an easy or factory backed retrofit, if ford had a different climate control unit ready then it’s probably not coming back soon.

Speculating here but if the controller chip in the unit is the problem explains why the lightning bulletin called out a possible retrofit the lightning, it has the all digital interface so probably different controller setup that may be separate plug in play where the ice trucks would need that whole unit replaced.

enjoitheride

Reaction score
Thanks for the photos, def looks like this won’t be an easy or factory backed retrofit, if ford had a different climate control unit ready then it’s probably not coming back soon.

Speculating here but if the controller chip in the unit is the problem explains why the lightning bulletin called out a possible retrofit the lightning, it has the all digital interface so probably different controller setup that may be separate plug in play where the ice trucks would need that whole unit replaced.
Exactly my thoughts. If Ford went to the lengths to have a different climate layout, this wasn’t just short term. Once again, that’s me just speculating. However, regional Ford rep said, this option isn’t coming back soon. I’m just going to drive and enjoy the truck. I live in a cold weather climate. I got last minute notice that it was being removed from my truck. It was either take the truck, or pass, and hope to even get one again down the road. They aren’t getting cheaper, that’s for sure.

FoxNotch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks!

This just (well I can't type it here). @#()*$&@# I've been waiting since Feb 1, 2022. Now my truck is ~$7,000 more, missing a heated steering wheel, and just a few minutes ago find out it's also missing the security sensors?! Sorry, venting here a little but this is just stupid! If I didn't need a truck I would certainly hang on to whatever I had...
Is your dealer not honoring the price protection?

raydulce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is your dealer not honoring the price protection?
Ford is not. Any order that "carried over" or rather was canceled and re-ordered as a '23 is not price protected. I talked to ford customer service and my dealer talked to the regional rep. We both got the same hard-no. It especially sucks when Ford produced retail vehicles and not custom ordered vehicles in the meantime (probably to avoid price protection). A local dealer had 3 raptors sitting on the lot with no owners for quite a while in July-August 2022, yet I didn't get a vin until after it chanted to a '23.

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford is not. Any order that "carried over" or rather was canceled and re-ordered as a '23 is not price protected. I talked to ford customer service and my dealer talked to the regional rep. We both got the same hard-no. It especially sucks when Ford produced retail vehicles and not custom ordered vehicles in the meantime (probably to avoid price protection). A local dealer had 3 raptors sitting on the lot with no owners for quite a while in July-August 2022, yet I didn't get a vin until after it chanted to a '23.
Same here.