Decided to remove my FUMOTO Valve this week

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CHMP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
went to change my oil on my truck and when I opened the valve.......it hardly flowed any oil out.

The truck was cold, so I know that did not help. I guess I just didn't want to sit around for 45 minutes and wait for that thing to drain.

Probably a stupid question, but you remembered to remove your oil filler cap right?

I definitely didn't make that exact mistake the first time I changed my oil as a kid, and the oil drain took like 4 times longer than it should have. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
goblues38

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yeah....it was venting just fine.....the hole in the valve is just too small

Winchester30

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Cold is your enemy with the Fumoto. That said.... the engineer that designed the oil filter placement needs to be drawn and quartered. Seriously why?!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
What’s the matter with the oil filter?
I use this:

upload_2021-4-6_11-56-5.jpeg

DeepSeaMofo423

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting! I've been using a Fumoto Valve on my '19 for the last 4 changes and it works very well.

Usually change when the Oil is warm not hot. Set everything up, turn on the valve and let it drain while I change the filter. By the time I change the filter, the oil is all drained and I button everything up.

Works great for me with absolutely no mess!
I thought the Fumoto valve only worked for the 17/18’s since we with 19/20’s have a metal drain bolt and pan...

https://roninfactory.com/collections/ford/products/ford-f150-raptor-oil-drain-ronin-factory

Hmmmm...

codeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A Fumoto valve will work on anything that matches the thread pitch and size dude :) Doesn't even have to be an oil pan ... that being said, warm the engine a little and pop off the fill cap. It'll drain out, though it'll never be as quick as just pulling the stock plug. Larger diameter hole = more flow.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
A Fumoto valve will work on anything that matches the thread pitch and size dude :) Doesn't even have to be an oil pan ... that being said, warm the engine a little and pop off the fill cap. It'll drain out, though it'll never be as quick as just pulling the stock plug. Larger diameter hole = more flow.

There are no threads per say on the older plugs. It's a quarter turn deal.

Lilla Kharn

Namaste
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ronin for the plastic pans, Fumoto for the metal pans.

But to the OP, draining cold oil will do that. Make it hot and it will flow.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yeah....it was venting just fine.....the hole in the valve is just too small
I stopped using Fumoto valves a few trucks ago for the same reason. I do my oil changes on a lift and the valve slowed down the drain process. I appreciated having the valve when I used to have to lay on my back in the driveway to change my oil.