Decent Hotel for Raptor Assault?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mariners Fan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stay anywhere downtown and there's tons of options within walking distance. I checked in, walked until I saw someplace that looked good for lunch and a couple of beers. Then I walked down to the temple and checked out the grounds, talked with some nice Mormon ladies about the buildings, etc. and back to my room. Same thing for dinner, just walked until I found something that sounded good. I think it was about an hour drive to RA in the morning and there was a Starbuck's close to my hotel.

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
cmon man, this is @Oldfart we are talking about. he needs to go to one of these places and then im sure he will find a place to stayView attachment 162074

:happy175: Reminds me of a trip to St. Louis for a meeting when several of us saw a pool bar and walked in for a drink. We didn't know it was the Blue Oyster bar of St Louis until we were in for a few minutes and wondering why the hell everyone is staring at us like we were the black guys at a *** rally.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm hoping it will be past snow/mud mostly by then.

The intermountain West has weird weather. In a normal year, mud and snow are gone in March. In a really good year, there isn't any mud or snow all winter. In a bad year, you could get the odd snowstorm in late May, but the odds are way against it. It's way more likely to be stinking hot than muddy.

Grizzly

Reaction score
If you want to stay in Toole stay at the Holiday Inn. It's right next to the brewery and like 10 minutes or so to MMP. If you don't mind the extra drive down town SLC is actually pretty nice and has a few decent restaurants and bars.

MrHomeGuy

Reaction score
I have stayed at the airport inn motel. (book direct on line) It was just renovated located on the back side of the airport with a free shuttle and walkable to bar/food and 10 minutes to down town. The drive to Toole is about 40 minutes. They did away with the reception the night before which was good to meet and pair up with a driving partner. Heading back on Match 15th for another raptor assault. Note that I will skip the $85.00 insurance this time, comes with a $5,000 deductible and I have not seen any rollovers. It is still easier to stay in Toole and skip the commute for $60.00 more the night before. Best.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It kinda depends on how much time you have to kill. Downtown SLC is worth a visit if you have time. Tooele is a nice little town. It was bigger and had more places to eat than I expected based on what folks had said here. You probably won't find a place of ill repute. If I was flying in the afternoon or evening before, I'd just go to Tooele for the night. If you want bright lights and action into the wee hours, don't go to Tooele. If the Westerner Club in SLC is still there, you could try that. I remember it being wild. We were in SLC to ski and left at nine to go sleep and there had already been five fights. Rumor had it that there was a brawl nearly every night that the cops gleefully broke up with nightsticks. We skipped that part. That was 1986, though, so it may have mellowed out, but I'm sure that there's something for everyone in SLC. Even you. ;)