Decent Hotel for Raptor Assault?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shooters1380

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have stayed at the airport inn motel. (book direct on line) It was just renovated located on the back side of the airport with a free shuttle and walkable to bar/food and 10 minutes to down town. The drive to Toole is about 40 minutes. They did away with the reception the night before which was good to meet and pair up with a driving partner. Heading back on Match 15th for another raptor assault. Note that I will skip the $85.00 insurance this time, comes with a $5,000 deductible and I have not seen any rollovers. It is still easier to stay in Toole and skip the commute for $60.00 more the night before. Best.
They did away with the meet and greet and the dinner the night before? Not what they told me and I paid the extra 40 bucks for a second person for dinner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigDinNoCo

Reaction score
Nice! I'll have to loosen up my udders and pack my stripper pole before I fly out. I'm hoping it will be past snow/mud mostly by then. It's a few weeks past my 1 year from purchase, but nobody said anything.
I went in March (2019) after a bit of a snow storm so in spots it was REALLY muddy & other parts snowy (the higher we went) & then mostly dry lower. One of the instructors in front as we descended got stuck. We waited for 15 minutes or so until he got out. Had no idea how bad it was until I drove through the spot. There was a 2ft rut that we had a spotter get us through. I remember looking straight down at the road through the windshield at one point. It was so crazy to see Raptors going through it before me with the ass-end sticking straight up with no bed flex at all. In my opinion I was really glad it was muddy. I feel like I got a little extra & it wasn't all dusty & hot. Super fun! Stayed at a hotel in Tooele that was 5 minutes away...I think it was a Best Western? Not fancy at all but comfortable. I hit In-N-Out prior to getting to the hotel.

BigDinNoCo

Reaction score
If you want to stay in Toole stay at the Holiday Inn. It's right next to the brewery and like 10 minutes or so to MMP. If you don't mind the extra drive down town SLC is actually pretty nice and has a few decent restaurants and bars.
Yeah, that's it. Clean, not fancy & real close to RA.

DanT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know I saw it mentioned in here and I did a search and can't find the right threads. I was looking for some recommendations for a decent hotel, nothing fancy needed. I think I remember someone saying they liked staying nearer the airport and renting a car?

Any tips on some good local rub and tugs :smoke2: appreciated also. I'm going May 19-20.

I was also wondering if anyone has used the option for the "Road Keeper" video system they have now for $49 a day. It says it uses a front and rear camera.
Nothing fancy near the Assualt facility - that comfort inn they recommend is adequate. If you don’t mind a long drive in - Salt Lake City has your marriotts, Hyatt’s, Hilton’s. One of my favorite seafood restaurants is in downtown SLC - market street grill. Have been dining there since 1990’s.

nfsraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I stayed at the Hilton in Toole rented a 4x4 f150 and hooned it a little on the trails before and after the raptor assault program haha.

Motoss

Reaction score
I got an Airbnb in SLC when I went went back in 2019. It was a bit of a drive in the morning and on the driving day due to a time zone mix up, I missed the whole lecture, but they still let me do the driving part. If you're going to stay in SLC, I highly recommend making sure you leave early. Traffic was a pain in the neck, drive seemed to take 30-45 mins.

The Kimpton hotel in downtown SLC is super nice and highly recommended, but can be pricey. They charge quite a bit for parking, valet only, and the food is pricey yet good. My girlfriend and I loved all the great food that was in walking distance.

Alcohol is odd there. Can't have more than 1 drink per person at a time. So they won't bring you a beer until you completely finish your current one. Shot's all have to be measured with a mechanical device, which they then have to double check at the end of the night so you won't be getting any strong drinks unless they let you order them that way. I think they also have a law against beer over a certain % alcohol.

In short if you want to have a drink at dinner your best bet are classy expensive spots or chains. Most other places don't bother going for the license or the building/land owners are Mormon and won't allow alcohol sales.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Alcohol is odd there...

You should have experienced it before they modernized their laws so that they wouldn't be embarrassed in front of the world at the Olympics. You had to join a private club, bring your own alcohol, buy the setups, and you couldn't take any alcohol home with you. You could only buy 3.2 beer in stores, anything else you bought at state-run liquor stores that had short hours, high prices, and were hidden on back streets. I'd say it was a real party, but it wasn't.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
... or the building/land owners are Mormon and won't allow alcohol sales.

Mormons are generally quite happy to support the vices of gentiles so long as it's profitable. They just don't partake. In public. That's why you always invite two or more Mormons to go fishing with you. If you only invite one, he'll drink all of your beer. :)

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I missed the chance w/ my 2018 but would like to do it this time w/ my new 2020

im sure has been asked/answered before- but what are the rules as far as bringing a passenger like a buddy or family member?

If not ski season- what else can you do in SLC - hiking obviously? How bout any offroad rentals like Jeep’s/atv/utv etc?