Decent Hotel for Raptor Assault?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know I saw it mentioned in here and I did a search and can't find the right threads. I was looking for some recommendations for a decent hotel, nothing fancy needed. I think I remember someone saying they liked staying nearer the airport and renting a car?

Any tips on some good local rub and tugs :smoke2: appreciated also. I'm going May 19-20.

I was also wondering if anyone has used the option for the "Road Keeper" video system they have now for $49 a day. It says it uses a front and rear camera.

Last edited:

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Little America downtown SLC is nice, lots of good food around the City Creek area, great place to just walk around and pick your style of food.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know I saw it mentioned in here and I did a search and can't find the right threads. I was looking for some recommendations for a decent hotel, nothing fancy needed. I think I remember someone saying they liked staying nearer the airport and renting a car?

Any tips on some good local rub and tugs :smoke2: appreciated also. I'm going May 19-20.

I can point you at a good campsite. As far as the rub and tug ... you know it's a Mormon town, right? You can get one, but you have to get married first. :(

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can point you at a good campsite. As far as the rub and tug ... you know it's a Mormon town, right? You can get one, but you have to get married first. :(

:happy175:I thought maybe the girls would just wear nice white linen gloves to keep it clean. I was there about 20 years ago to ski at Alta and Snowbird. I saw almost nothing of the town, the mountains were awesome. I remember they had some really odd drinking laws where you had to "Join a private club", and then you could buy tiny little bottles of booze. Never saw that anywhere else.

DFS, Little America looks nice, thanks.

Last edited:

DINOZR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I stayed in the recommended hotel. It was fine. But there is n-o-t-h-i-n-g within 10 minutes of it. Well, there's a Denny's. That's it. Not joking.

Were I to do it over again, I'd stay in SLC and just drive the extra few minutes to Tooele that morning. SLC is a beautiful place.

Are you driving or flying? If driving, the Bonneville salt flats are a couple hours west of SLC...

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i chose to stay at the Marriot Courtyard 1 exit before the airport. It was only a 25 minute drive (to miller sports park). I am a bit of a hotel snob and the motel 6 near the track was not up to my standards. PLus, there was so much more to do / eat closer to the airport.

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score

I was also wondering if anyone has used the option for the "Road Keeper" video system they have now for $49 a day. It says it uses a front and rear camera.
Lol! I'm going to that class as well! See you there, never seen a dancing cow in person.

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I stayed in the recommended hotel. It was fine. But there is n-o-t-h-i-n-g within 10 minutes of it. Well, there's a Denny's. That's it. Not joking.

Were I to do it over again, I'd stay in SLC and just drive the extra few minutes to Tooele that morning. SLC is a beautiful place.

Are you driving or flying? If driving, the Bonneville salt flats are a couple hours west of SLC...

Flying in from PA.