Deavers ? Bumpstop ? Need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

benbachh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, sorry i've seen other post but haven't found an answer for my situation.

I have the adjustable 3.5 RPG collar ( set at 3 inch lift ) I also have 37 nitto ridge grapplers. My rear

fender is always rubbing on the tire and will pop out of the knuckle when off-roading. I personally don't

like the rear being higher than the front. The rear suspension is stock, i'm slightly nose high right now.

What should I do the avoid rubbing in the rear ? Should I get the deaver +3 & bump stops?

I tow a 5000 boat occasionally & planning to get a camper shell.

My goal is to keep the nose at least level if not slightly higher than the front.

OP
OP
benbachh

benbachh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've read a few forums that say the deaver + 3 will make the ride really stiff. Is that true ? I was hoping to keep the ride plush.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've read a few forums that say the deaver + 3 will make the ride really stiff. Is that true ? I was hoping to keep the ride plush.
Nope, it will just give you an additional inch of lift. If you tow i would go for the +3 HD which will give you an extra leaf or 2 for the heavy loads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Zilla

Reaction score
Hey guys, sorry i've seen other post but haven't found an answer for my situation.

I have the adjustable 3.5 RPG collar ( set at 3 inch lift ) I also have 37 nitto ridge grapplers. My rear

fender is always rubbing on the tire and will pop out of the knuckle when off-roading. I personally don't

like the rear being higher than the front. The rear suspension is stock, i'm slightly nose high right now.

What should I do the avoid rubbing in the rear ? Should I get the deaver +3 & bump stops?

I tow a 5000 boat occasionally & planning to get a camper shell.

My goal is to keep the nose at least level if not slightly higher than the front.

I am considering this as well

wweaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the +3 HD Deavers and love them. More “solid” in a good way. Not stiff at all. I keep about 250 pounds in the bed, Bed rack and some tools. Also have the RPG 2.5 bumpstop kit. Have used the long extensions when I have a pile of camping gear and a dead elk in the back a few times for highway use so Iam not bright lighting everyone bad, works great.

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put it back to stock and enjoy your truck and your life. If you must mess with the suspension a torque arm is a good investment. Perhaps different leaf springs to your taste. What you've done is take a perfectly good truck tuned for off road racing and jack it up and out of spec and now dealing with the consequences.

wweaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1 on above. I did the +3 HD Deaver and 1.5 in level stayed with 35s to keep it close to spec. Of course this could down a rabbit hole quickly as many have done the +3 front lift and love, it’s all personal preference really

desertspeed

Reaction score
Just installed +3 HDs this weekend- I was worried they would be too stiff when my bed was empty, but not at all. I love the ride, much better than stock. With front Eibachs I think the stance is perfect.