deaver springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SamIAm

Reaction score
Do geisers make a +2 1/2 spring, I want the Deavers +3 on the back but if I did springs in the front instead of collars how do I get the front level?

VGKRaptor

Reaction score
I don't consider 2k a few bucks. especially when changing things there is nothing wrong with out of the box.

And I'd hope they are a significant improvement given their cost.

Collars are ridiculous and a great example of half assing an install. You take a negative effect on the suspension just to get a visual aesthetic you like.

I don't pay others to do work I can do myself. So $225 for eibachs is a great price. Add another 80 for an alignment and I think that is very reasonable.

I just have zero interest in having the possibility of it being nose high when done. Then having to drop another 1,500 just to bring the rear back to level.

if others have done this with 17 and 18's and it's simply level without being too high, i'm glad to move forward. that does not seem to be the case.
You can do the Eibachs and see how it sits. You’ll see How much better of a ride and stance you get. If you don’t blast off-road you can always increase rear with blocks in 1/2” increments to get the look your after. All in under $750

Raptor62430

Reaction score
my eibachs gave me 2.50" to level out big blue, the guy in the video is pushing geisers hard, the tuck is the same on the one comparison he shows both trucks in, im guessing that's why he went to a truck with SVC for the whoops, rather than running the raptor with the geisers thru the same whoops. At the end of the day BroncoAZ, it's whatever you feel is best for your ride, quoting TXGUNTRUCKS "Collars are ridiculous and a great example of half assing an install." at the end of the day, we all have some badass truck sitting in our driveways!!!

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my eibachs gave me 2.50" to level out big blue, the guy in the video is pushing geisers hard, the tuck is the same on the one comparison he shows both trucks in, im guessing that's why he went to a truck with SVC for the whoops, rather than running the raptor with the geisers thru the same whoops. At the end of the day BroncoAZ, it's whatever you feel is best for your ride, quoting TXGUNTRUCKS "Collars are ridiculous and a great example of half assing an install." at the end of the day, we all have some badass truck sitting in our driveways!!!

The video is pretty conclusive to me. The truck with the eibach springs is almost bottoming out in the front and then taking an extra bounce after the compression, the truck with geisers the front travel more closely matches the rear and doesn’t have the extra bounce. He is pushing the geisers, yes, but based on his experience with both, not a profit motive that I can see.

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can do the Eibachs and see how it sits. You’ll see How much better of a ride and stance you get. If you don’t blast off-road you can always increase rear with blocks in 1/2” increments to get the look your after. All in under $750

How are additional blocks a good idea?

Ramins

Reaction score
I have eibachs and stock leafs I sit an inch higher in the front on my 17 from what I’ve been told I should go with +3 to level out that inch. Hope this helps

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't consider 2k a few bucks. especially when changing things there is nothing wrong with out of the box.

And I'd hope they are a significant improvement given their cost.

Collars are ridiculous and a great example of half assing an install. You take a negative effect on the suspension just to get a visual aesthetic you like.

I don't pay others to do work I can do myself. So $225 for eibachs is a great price. Add another 80 for an alignment and I think that is very reasonable.

I just have zero interest in having the possibility of it being nose high when done. Then having to drop another 1,500 just to bring the rear back to level.

if others have done this with 17 and 18's and it's simply level without being too high, i'm glad to move forward. that does not seem to be the case.

I am in the same "predicament" so to speak, have an '18 w/ 26k miles on it now, have had a set of Eibachs sitting on a shelf in my garage since wifey got em for me @ Xmas lol! - Why? same as you - as much as I don't like the "extreme raked" factory look many trucks have (Raptor isn't so bad - previous gen Chevys were awful) - I HATE the nose high look that much worse. I use the Raptor like a truck not a garage queen so it'll get some weight in the bed once or twice a week 300-800 lbs & I tow a utility trailer/jetski trailer(s) on occasion. I can live w/ slightly nose high on the occasional towing trip, but would HATE to be even 1/8" nose high all the time even unladen.

All that being said, I'm getting the Eibachs installed this week (or next if the 4th makes it difficult) - this thread actually helped make up my mind along w/ this youtube review also posted in this thread I stumbled across myself before seeing this topic on the forum....which in essence sums it up like this: regardless of deaver springs in rear, either the eibach or the geiser front springs are an upgrade from stock. The geisers WILL ride rougher on the street & they WILL raise the front end higher than Eibachs (by 1/2" or more apparently) - the geisers will perform better @ the limit in real offroad use than the Eibachs, but the Eibachs are a better compromise for street use w/ occasional offroading. So - given that I live in the NE & do a lot of street miles AND am trying to avoid a "nose high" look - seems like for me Eibachs were the better choice price not withstanding.

Seeing blue Raptor62430's pics of his 2018 (which is same year as mine) which look to be level visually & confirmed by his own measurements that helps also ease my concerns that my truck shouldn't be sitting nose high unladen w/ just the Eibachs since his truck clearly has some kind of chase rack or whatever that obviously is adding 150-200 lbs+ or whatever to the rear. I have a 50-100 lb swingcase toolbox & a tonneau cover - definitely much less weight in the rear regularly. If it turns out it does sit nose high too much for my liking w/ weight in the bed or towing then I'll put $$$ aside for some Deavers.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The video is pretty conclusive to me. The truck with the eibach springs is almost bottoming out in the front and then taking an extra bounce after the compression, the truck with geisers the front travel more closely matches the rear and doesn’t have the extra bounce. He is pushing the geisers, yes, but based on his experience with both, not a profit motive that I can see.

You live in AZ, OP is in TX, I'm in MA - way different landscapes in each state lol, if I were YOU what I would've taken from that vid is "WTF am I debating on front springs/leveling kits I should just get King 3.0s up front" - not that Geiser is better lol! I say that b/c you live in an ideal place to really go bonkers offroad w/ this truck, I wouldn't even waste my time w/ Eibachs or Geisers.

Now - on the other hand, you should also have noted that the youtube reviewer basically said the truck rides like shit on the street w/ the Geisers but retains the comfort of stock ride w/ the Eibachs except you gain a bit more controlled handing/body motion & truck will see its limit quicker offroad vs. Geisers but still better than stock.

So.....it depends on how you're going to use the Raptor, if you are going to offroad how much & what kind of offroading - for me, logging/fire roads, open grass fields, occasional beach excursion etc. but ALOT of street miles & using the truck to tow & haul? seems like Eibachs are the better choice based on that review.

For the OP in TX? No idea how he intends to use the truck