Dealer Won't Replace Grille Shutter That Fell Out?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SlickMachine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The OP is stuck, 2 States away from home, with a louver hanging out of his bumper. I have to assume there isn't another dealership nearby, so perhaps the option to head down the road to another dealership doesn't exist. If that's the case, a phone call to Ford should go like this:. I bought a truck from you, it's under warranty, your service center in xxxxxxx location is refusing to fix a problem with the truck because they say it's inconvenient for them to deal with it. I'm not in a position right now to shop for other Ford Service Centers who feel like they may want to cooperate with the warranty concept at Ford. Can you help?
Also, I'm finding that being a Raptor customer carries a little bit extra weight with Ford when dealing with issues (at least my issue).
Definitely warrants a very negative review on Google for their new dealership after it's all over. That usually gets the GMs attention.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It may be a little insane but I'm not particularly surprised. I have a Ford Escape that I took in for a rattle that was quite annoying but difficult to locate the EXACT location even though we knew where the general area was. The service manager didn't want to fix it because he said if they work on the car and I end up bringing it back because the rattle isn't fixed, the dealership would have to eat the cost of having to do the work again.

Long story short, I essentially told him he was making his responsibility my problem which was unacceptable and they agreed to do the work. Unfortunately for them, I DID have to bring it in a second time because it wasn't fixed and they got it right on the second attempt.

That said, if the dealer themselves is not confidant enough to do the work without breaking something else, I would absolutely not insist on them doing the work.

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
snip...snip...

That said, if the dealer themselves is not confidant enough to do the work without breaking something else, I would absolutely not insist on them doing the work.

Ditto, inconvenient for sure but I wouldn't want them touching my new Raptor. Still need to let Ford Regional know about their denial to work on a clear warranty issue though! I changed out the grill on my 2016 King Ranch and the shutters are part of the grill assembly - no bumper removal necessary - unless different on Raptor but I doubt it...mentioning the need to remove the bumper would have been a huge red flag for me.

Gargamel

Banned
Reaction score
This should not stop you from driving. Just have it fixed when you get back home.

Last edited:

bo1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Call Ford. Also, let them Know you're calling. The very last thing they want you to do is call

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
he OP is stuck, 2 States away from home, with a louver hanging out of his bumper. I have to assume there isn't another dealership nearby, so perhaps the option to head down the road to another dealership doesn't exist. If that's the case, a phone call to Ford should go like this:. I bought a truck from you, it's under warranty, your service center in xxxxxxx location is refusing to fix a problem with the truck because they say it's inconvenient for them to deal with it. I'm not in a position right now to shop for other Ford Service Centers who feel like they may want to cooperate with the warranty concept at Ford. Can you help?
Also, I'm finding that being a Raptor customer carries a little bit extra weight with Ford when dealing with issues (at least my issue).
Definitely warrants a very negative review on Google for their new dealership after it's all over. That usually gets the GMs attention.

Well said, and I agree 100%