Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Dealer won’t give me my raptor

Discussion in 'Prospective Raptor Owners' started by Harvey Singh, Oct 22, 2020.

1. CoronaRaptor

CoronaRaptor FRF Addict

Post a pic when you get it, after all of this we want to make sure you don't end up with a Prius. :eek:

smurfslayer likes this.
  2. jeanco

jeanco Full Access Member

my raptor was stock for one week in SFO,happen..... Raptor.jpg

3. Leo Hunerjager

Leo Hunerjager Member

Is it just me, or is Harvey's profile picture perfect for this thread???
    I hope you get it soon!!!!!!

GordoJay likes this.
  4. Doctor Mike

Doctor Mike Member

It does sound fishy but not all car carriers can fit the raptor due to wider wheel base. Also , how was it going to be shipped to you, open on flatbed or in enclosed carrier?
    Dealer may have had some trouble finding a carrier. Ask again and ask who they are using and how it will be transported. Is it coming to your home or being deliberated to dealer where paperwork was signed and was original transaction with certified Ford dealer or some used car lot?

5. Birdistheword

Birdistheword Member

That's ridiculous, the dealer absolutely knows with certainty WHERE the truck is they are choosing not to tell you and instead give you the run around. $300 is insultingly low considering how much you're paying for shipping PLUS the cost of the truck. Good riddance. I would tell them they need to give you your old truck back until the Raptor arrives OR they can give you another Raptor or comparable new vehicle (luxury truck) of your choice that they have on the lot for you to use as a loaner until your truck arrives. Here in the good ole' USA the GM's use new vehicles as their own personal 'loaners' for months on end so there's no reason they can't offer you the same. I would suggest contacting Ford Customer Care and let them know how dissatisfied your are.

6. KH4

KH4 Member

I had my truck shipped and it was a nightmare. I had a guy tell me he could pick it up in a day, then two, then five. Finally went with someone else. Luckily the dealer was cool and parked it in a safe place while I sorted it out. It took 2+weeks if remember. I think I kind of blocked it from my memory. Most of time its the brokers so bid out the jobs to drivers. I ended up finding a company who was the driver...I also found a Couple of carries would not even ship a Raptor due to size (width) but for what its worth definitely worth it in the end.

7. Jr24

Jr24 Full Access Member

My only question would be if they sent the shipper for your trade immediately from 800 miles away, why didn't they just send your new truck with that shipper then? It seems that would have saved time and money for everyone.

Harvey Singh likes this.
  8. rightway

rightway Member

Not intending to be insulting at all, looks like several people have been purchasing vehicles sight un-seen. Buying a used truck unseen, are there any risks? Are there any warranties, does it still drive straight after it was dropped off the transport truck, how long does it take the body filler and new paint to dry. How do those that have actually done it, protect their interests?

I hope Harvey is out enjoying his new purchase right now.

Harvey Singh and CoronaRaptor like this.
  9. Harvey Singh

Harvey Singh Full Access Member

I shall not be another 911 crazy!!! Picture coming soon!

10. Harvey Singh

Harvey Singh Full Access Member

LOL it kind of is, isn’t it?

Leo Hunerjager likes this.