Dealer won’t give me my raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is normal for Canada, we ordered a new 2020 rav4 hybrid and thw wife traded in her BMW right away for top dollar, she waited 2 months for her new car to arrive. Don't sweat it, it will arrive. The dealer or shipping company should of warned you about the possibilities of late delivery. If it was coming from out west, there have been a lot of snow storms in the mountains, etc. Shit happens. Hope you get it soon.

OP
OP
Harvey Singh

Harvey Singh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yikes..... I now it is hind sight.....but i would never given money for a truck not on the lot.

And never give up your vehicle unless you are given one in trade on the spot (or cash)

it was on the lot, I’m just located 800 miles away. So needed it shipped. My issue is them taking my truck right away ( they literally had someone drive 800 miles to pick it up and other vehicles) but they can’t send mine for weeks on weeks and keep lying about delivery times.

OP
OP
Harvey Singh

Harvey Singh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is normal for Canada, we ordered a new 2020 rav4 hybrid and thw wife traded in her BMW right away for top dollar, she waited 2 months for her new car to arrive. Don't sweat it, it will arrive. The dealer or shipping company should of warned you about the possibilities of late delivery. If it was coming from out west, there have been a lot of snow storms in the mountains, etc. Shit happens. Hope you get it soon.

Thank you.

DarthKickA55

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You may be able to put the VIN into the FORD PASS app and track it that way. You can on Chevrolet's but haven't tried on Fords.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your situation sounds odd to me. I had a 2017 that had all kinds of issues, so I regretfully traded it in and ordered a 2019. It took months for me to get my 2019 and they let me drive my 2017 until it came in. I could have racked up tons of miles and done all kinds of things, but I was very respectful and didn't. In addition, my 2017 had a lot of mods and they agreed to let me return it to stock so I could put the mods on my 2019. When my new truck finally arrived, they did a quick visual inspection of my 2017, but nobody even did a test drive before I drove my new truck off the lot. For that matter, they never even drove my 2017 before we finalized my deal.

OP
OP
Harvey Singh

Harvey Singh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update:

Dealer lied once again. Apparently it won’t be here tomorrow once again. They still don’t have an answer.

Jaguar Land Rover in Edmonton Alberta Canada is the dealership.

D

Deleted member 12951

Your fault for giving them your truck first. You should of made the deal that you will give them your truck once you get theirs. If they wouldn’t do that then walk away.

Too late for that. Ask them for tracking info on your truck and track it yourself. When I ordered my raptor, the dealership gave me shit. I had to find out the tracking number based on the VIN and was able to watch it while on the train and then when it arrived to the transport company. After that the tracking ended. I had to figure out who the transport company was and called them to get an update when they were going to get it over to the dealership. Point is, I did this without the dealership. All I was supposed to do is wait until they called. They had no control on shipping not were they going to lift a finger to find out. But I kept my trade-in the entire time until it was time to give it to them.

Buying used would require probably a different approach for tracking but you should be able to do this yourself and stop bugging the dealership. Good luck

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Update:

Dealer lied once again. Apparently it won’t be here tomorrow once again. They still don’t have an answer.

Jaguar Land Rover in Edmonton Alberta Canada is the dealership.
It doesn't show up on their inventory, so hopefully its on its way.

OP
OP
Harvey Singh

Harvey Singh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It doesn't show up on their inventory, so hopefully its on its way.

They said the carrier truck broke down before it got to their dealership and agreed it shouldn’t have taken this long so they extended the 300$ To 500$. The GM got an earful from me and magically found a carrier to pick it up tonight!? Isn’t that quite the coincidence.

Terrible dealership but atleast I reached an outcome I’m fairly happy with.

Thanks everyone for the replies

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They said the carrier truck broke down before it got to their dealership and agreed it shouldn’t have taken this long so they extended the 300$ To 500$. The GM got an earful from me and magically found a carrier to pick it up tonight!? Isn’t that quite the coincidence.

Terrible dealership but atleast I reached an outcome I’m fairly happy with.

Thanks everyone for the replies

Sounds like quite the **** show. Sometimes things have to happen the hard way. It will be worth the wait.