dealer sucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
G

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get it if they don't witness the problem , but they did , it was still saying pre collision not available , and a calibration fixed that .so common sense would tell someone , either the old one was out of spec , or the module was bad , either way still either issue required a calibration .

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get it. Calculated risk and you lost. It’s a bummer.

I’m 42 and strictly a spectator. My 12 yr old nephew is pretty good. Just got recruited for the traveling team a year ahead of when he was planning on trying out.

OP
OP
G

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol no Karen fit ,if thats the rule thats the rule , but to me its like mods , some dealers won't touch a modded truck under warranty , some don't care about mods , I guess its just the way it is

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
lol no Karen fit ,if thats the rule thats the rule , but to me its like mods , some dealers won't touch a modded truck under warranty , some don't care about mods , I guess its just the way it is
100%, my dealer was great and always fixed my truck under warranty and knew I was beating it offroad. You should shop around for a new one, Karen, lol.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Didn't you relocate your bumper from the factory location which caused all of the issue in the first place? The original Cruise Control Module (CCM) was likely fine unless it was dropped or damaged, which would have saved you the cost of the new one at least.

As far as the labor, $67 isn't bad considering most dealers charge a minimum of 1 full hour labor to even look at a vehicle, which is typically $120+. Regardless, these types of situations are a good of example of where having a working relationship with the dealer can go a long way. If you've bought multiple vehicles from the same dealer and have all of your services done there, they're much more likely to go the extra mile and help you out if you explain the situation. It may sound petty, but in every dealer I've been involved with, the first question the Service Manager asks the advisor is always "Did he buy it here?" and their second question is "Does he have service/repair records with us"? The responses to those questions typically determine the outcome as far as much much they're willing to help.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aftermarket bumper anecdote was someone else’s truck i think