Dealer inventory: Scab vs. Screw

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CSJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Apparently, the SCREWS are more structurally sound in the cabin due to the steel beam that runs down the center. This wasn't my selling piont. I bought the SCREW for the extra leg room in back for passengers, especially on long trips.

costnsg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the Scab for the looks and the shorter wheelbase. I ordered my 2017 and still haven't see a Scab on a dealer lot. I understand the arguments for more cab space, legroom, full size doors, etc. It's just not that important to me.

As for resale, I'm not worried. It will only take a few folks interested in Scabs since there will not be many used ones available.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I ordered my Scab and I've seen 2 others on the road. But I haven't seen any Scabs sitting on the dealer lots around here.

everyone I know who has a SCAB (including me) ordered it.

Annoyingly, there's another SCAB that just showed up in my town.

OP
OP
ThugHunter

ThugHunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Outside your house in the FBI Surveillance Van
Why does this guy post pics of his car in every thread? I can’t imagine how much you brag about it irl lmao

Here's the story on Jake. LMGTFY

---------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

Did anyone that ordered a Scab have any dealers reluctant or flat out refuse to order one, saying "If you back out, we couldn't sell it"?

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 PM ----------

odered my scab, the one in lots, over a thousand miles away, and who the hell buys a vechical for resale value.

I have a good friend that buys and sells vehicles every 6-8 months. He's always talking about resale value, but I just don't get it either. It's a depreciating asset no matter how you look at it.

realjones88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something like 97% of dealer cars are Screws because that's what most people buy.

If you want to find a SCAB on a lot you can use raptor finder and use autotrader to find it once you know the state or just pay the fee on the site. For me I just set alerts on cars.com and autotrader and when a SCAB popped up I'd contact the dealer.

I personally don't think there will be a huge difference in resale value beyond the $3K more the Screw costs new...802a or not could be a big factor though. Who buys a $70K truck if they are concerned about depreciation anyway?

Last edited: