Dealer Disater Today !!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twlhunter65

Reaction score
:flame::flame: Droped of my truck for an oil change,tire rotation and inspection sticker today. picked it up and noticed they didnt reset the oil life or put the reminder sticker on the windshield.Went back in and they sent a guy out to do it. Drove out of the dealer, turned onto the highway on ramp and was going about 40 around the bend. I thought I had a blowout and then my tire and rim was in view bouncing into the woods as i draged ass and pulled onto the shoulder!! The truck only has 7,000 miles on it . The shock was holding it up off the pavement and the rotor was toast.Found the wheel in the woods and the inside of it was shreaded. WTF I freaked out on the dealer,they sent a flat bed and gave me a rental.So tomorow Let the games begin.Do you think other than the shock and rotor that there may be internal problems with the differential as well? Do ya think the ******* who didnt tighten the lugnuts will be fired? What should i get for compensation? It was the drivers side rear tire.

whisler151

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Holy hell! That happened to me in my wife's Jeep. We didnt ask for any compensation other than no charge for the service we had done. They obviously covered all rental expenses and repairs. They also replaced the wheel and tire that bounced across traffic...turned out that the wheels were on back order, so we made them order all new wheels of our choice. Yes, the worker was fired.

Keep us updated and best luck!

Last edited:

Swordjr24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
C'mon now, can't sue everyone for everything. I would ask them to fix everything & refund you for the services since it obviously wasnt done right. Everyone makes mistakes, this is just a bigger one. That guy may have been the best shop guy ever & just made a mistake. That sucks it happened to your truck though. Hopefully it will all work out & be like new again.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
Only damage was probably brakes and shock if it hit the ground. Drive issues shouldn't exist if you were only going 40. But, I would make them pay for a rental, and everything. Sueing is out of question IMO. Thats the first thing people always jump to. If you run into issues with things not getting covered and what not, then I would talk about filing.

LandArc

Reaction score
Damn, that's terrible! Compensation by way of repairing all damages and they should cover your initial servicing costs, as well as rental costs.

Sorry man, that just sucks!

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Items that probably need replaced: rotor, backing plate, park brake shoe hardware kit, park brake shoes, lug studs, lug nuts, wheel, tire, drivers underwear.

That shock mount dragging sounds bad. Might need a new axle housing depending on how f'd up it got.

Smokinjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would also make the give you a 100K mile bumper to Bumper premium warranty. Just in case you have additional problems. I would have gotten sideways with them too. Man that sucks! They would also give me a loaner of my choice for stupidity on their part!

BIGt0007

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah IMO everybody makes mistakes. When's the last time you made a mistake at work? did you get fired? If you were injured then I could say you could take em to court. if they don't fix it to your satisfaction that's a different story! Good luck

Sparvy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well thankfully no one was hurt...had you been up to highway speed it could have been ugly. Hopefully they will step up and do the right thing.