dealer allocation on retail orders

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

csl

Reaction score
Iv got a question on allocations.Does a retail order count on there allocations?
I cant seem to get straight answers from 3 different dealers.
They tell me they can order a Raptor,and the price is anywhere from invoice to 1,500 over.That sounds like a good price,but will the truck ever get built?

At this time of the year,am I better off waiting to order a 2013 ?

Last edited:

HARLEY6LF250SDU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Iv got a question on allocations.Does a retail order count on there allocations?
I cant seem to get straight answers from 3 different dealers.
They tell me they can order a Raptor,and the price is anywhere from invoice to 1,500 over.That sounds like a good price,but will the truck ever get built?

At this time of the year,am I better off waiting to order a 2013 ?

You can wait 2-4 months for a 2012, or 9-10 months for a 2013. :waytogo:

You can't get a straight answer, because we DON'T have one??

NOTHING ABOUT THE 2012 Raptor order process this year has been Normal??

Since day 1 (Nov 7th) Sold O/T 1 units and Retail O/T 2's, have been ALL OVER THE PLACE.

I would need 10 pages, to explain the order process to you.
Sample of what we go through.............

February Wholesale is now open. Please take the time now to go into ecommitment and complete this very important part of your business. Here is a recap of this wholesale. Please read ALL of the attached.

Wholesale must be completed by 3 PM EST, Friday, December 23rd, 2011. Please make sure you have completed this by that time. If not you will have forfeited your allocation for this wholesale cycle.

February Wholesale:
•Start Up on 2013 Flex, Mustang, and MKT
•No wholesale on: Explorer, Taurus, Edge, MKS & MKX
•2012 Escape Production Bonus
•Fiesta and Focus Manual Transmissions units will be excluded (80% rate) from dealer availability for minimum of next 6 months
•Commodity forecast remains stable – isolated challenges near term.
•Normal shipping over the holiday break.
•RAPTOR will NO LONGER receive Retail Sweep Coverage

•If you have a retail in the order bank for a vehicle line that we are not wholesaling this month, then you will have to wait until next wholesale to get allocation to cover it. Retail Sweep occurred Close of Business 12/15/11.
•If a dealership does not submit an approved Dealer Order Commitment and reminders via email / phone calls are ignored… this will be treated as if the dealership DOES NOT want any production for that month.
•For the Ford Lincoln dealers, you will have to do your Ford Dealer Order Commitment separate from the Lincoln Dealer Order Commitment.
•Supplemental production requests will be granted if possible. They become part of your commitment for the month once granted.
•The Dealer Order Commitment is the dealership's commitment to Ford that the dealership will order the number of units agreed upon within the commodity restrictions for that production period.

randy

Quicksand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to be honest and say if I wasnt sure about buying a 2012 yet....after all Ive personally been through + I ordered mine in October '11 before any of the changes Randy mentioned above took effect.....I would seriously wait until this Summer and buy one off the lot for invoice as you will wait that long OR LONGER if you ordered one today considering the new wholesale allocation delay.

Im STILL waiting on mine to arrive FYI.

The only problem with my suggestions is...there may not be many 2012's on dealer lots this Summer especialy @ invoice or below after (a) so many 2011's still out there not selling (b) so few 2012's will be left after dealer sales + custom order raps are sold.

I'd freakn H8 to be someone wanting a 2012 OR 2013 Raptor right now as you are gonna have to wait and suffer probably worse than me/others.....CANT IMAGINE THAT!! :shocked:

I feel sorry for anyone going direct to a dealership instead of Randy for ordering at this point. My salesman quit btw. Got a new one the dealer gave bc it was to much BS for him to manage. Many other horror stories. Go with Randy if you order. Regardless, be ready to research, hunt, deal, crunch, buy, cry, yell, cuss, bitch, moan, complain, lose sleep, sell your current car to soon, remember to factor tax + tag, and so much more--and then maybe just maybe....you will have a 2012 Raptor, the way you want it btw, in your driveway!! Good Luck Duder. :peace:

blood

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No inventory sweep, order only.

Last edited:

blood

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now this may not be exact but I think it means no builds for stock.Unless its ordered they will not build it to sit on a lot for sale.orders are filling up and they want to limit production to orders.so for example you go to a dealer and want a raptor they may not be able to find one for you with a dealer lookup sweep (available units).that is how it was explained to me.

Raptoyd11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Order away if you want one this year. :) Then you can get on the wah, wah thread where we get a daily report and SVT gets a daily call on your Raptor. Basically you are going to wait 4 or 5 months or go do some drive-byes at all your Ford dealers in the area and see if anything catches your eye.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

csl

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies,it sound like I could order then at any dealer.
And the order should be built??

Iv got a lifted 2010 to trade,just dont know if thats gonna hurt me more on the value vs a stock truck,if i got fair trade id be happy

Last edited: