Dead Pedal Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Done and done!

deadpedsl.jpg

Regarding the dead pedal: Do the bottom three self tapping screws anchor to the firewall or just snug down into the carpet? Not sure if my dead pedal is mounted too high but I can't seem to get them to tap into any metal under the carpet. Either way, it is super stout the way it is and probably wouldn't need additional reinforcement.

Ranger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Done and done!

deadpedsl.jpg

Regarding the dead pedal: Do the bottom three self tapping screws anchor to the firewall or just snug down into the carpet? Not sure if my dead pedal is mounted too high but I can't seem to get them to tap into any metal under the carpet. Either way, it is super stout the way it is and probably wouldn't need additional reinforcement.

What about pre-drilling with a tiny drill bit? Carpet is not structural, you want to hit metal.

OP
OP
W

WickedPerformanceShop

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You need to go almost straight down with the screws. Not at an angle to hit the metal under the carpet. Its kind of a pain in the ass to do but we wanted them to be super strong. The screws should be 2" long. They are the perfect length so they dont go in to far.

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You need to go almost straight down with the screws. Not at an angle to hit the metal under the carpet. Its kind of a pain in the ass to do but we wanted them to be super strong. The screws should be 2" long. They are the perfect length so they dont go in to far.

Do you have a picture showing this? With the angle of the pedal, I'm not sure I can angle it anymore to get it straight down. Not even sure if i'm understanding correctly... been a long week.

OP
OP
W

WickedPerformanceShop

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You dont want to change the angle of the pedal only the screw. Its a tight fit but you want to go as straight down as you can with the screw.