Dark day in Raptor land

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

firematt422

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Easy to run the battery down on these things.

Not for me... I used to have two speakers and a subwoofer under my toolbox (soon to have a new home thanks to WSI) and I've run those speakers at pretty high volume for 2-3 hours straight in between start-ups to recharge.

That amp must be drawing quite a bit of juice...

OP
OP
onesickpuppy

onesickpuppy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, um - cough - errr ahhh, this has been to be an inadvertant operator *****!! Feel really on the dope side for this, but hey we can learn from mistakes RIGHT?
So, it appears as I was over zelous with a screw driver while poking a hole in the firewall rubber gromit and clipped a low voltage data wire in the loom along wit two othe wires that the tech could not even identify by the schematic and pin outs. Long story short truck is doing well wallet is $700 bucks lighter.
moral of the story, be carefull around wires in your truck.....:perkinswhatever:

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
which grommet were you going through? on the drivers side firewall there are small circle nubs where you can get through without damaging wires. also on the passenger side there is an empty grommet that can fit a lot of small wires or one big one. if you check my 9500ci install i show where i ran wires. maybe it will help next time you have to poke through again