GEN 2 Cv boot leaking grease

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are the cv boots an issue on the 19 models? I have 13k miles, grease all over. They said a pin hole was in the boot but only the boot gets replaced. I would assume water and dirt would also enter since I live on a dirt road with mud and snow. The parts guy said you can only replace the entire shaft assy under warranty. Boot by itself not available. Any suggestions?

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just had my right front one replaced. Dealer replace seal and half-shaft.

coachhomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Gen 1 same issue. Just ordered two new CV axles. Going to do the other side too because I have high mileage. For the Gen 1 one axle is about $240 from Tasca Auto Parts. Dealer wanted $400+

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
New recaros

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
After checking three other dealers, the boot is not a replaceable item. I confronted the service advisor about that fact and spoke to two stupid Ford customer support personal. They have now ordered the half shaft and the one use bolts.

OP
OP
New recaros

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just think, the mechanic and the service advisor did not know you had to change the half shaft for a ripped boot. The parts guy was the hero when he told them they could not order the boot only. The next closest dealer is 60 miles so these bozo’s are working on my truck. I wonder if they use sockets or crescent wrenches.