Custom Rocker Switches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
srs

srs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I saw that. I ordered each individual switch off of OTRATTW for about $21 each, customized colors and print, then called sPod and ordered just a plate for $16 and $27 for the junction box from OTRATTW. (came up to about $170 total).

CrownOffroad

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the custom rocker switches but wanted something slightly smaller. I also looked at the SPOD setup and thought I could develop my own setup for far less. Purchased a Blue Seas fuse block, distrubution block, some relays, fuses and wire and built my own. Also installed it up and behind the glove box as under the hood makes me nervous considering all the mud and water that gets in there. Here's my switch panel:

Link for switch panel:
http://crownoffroad.com/product/overhead-auxiliary-switch-panel/

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

CrownOffroad

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mounted all of this to a sheet of metal cut to size and then installed above and behind glove box. Only needed to run a 4 gauge power wire from battery through firewall to fuse block. Like mentioned earlier, then run wires up A pillar, inside headliner and cut a small hole through headliner for the switch panel. Works great and now I've got 6 additional switches to help out with my offroad lighting addiction.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 141

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
That's a very nice setup MyDinosaur. Especially like the lower profile of the switches. I applaud anyone who does it themselves. I just couldn't justify my time, parts, etc to make it look as clean for the same price. The $300 or so I ordered a nice clean kit and spent a fairly minimal amount of time installing it.

I almost installed it in the cab. I was concerned about the openings in the bottom of the source. I called spod and they said that it also allows water to exit the box. That's fine but the goal is to keep water out entirely. I will end up filling the openings with silicone. It has held up extremely well even with the openings. It survived havoc and rise of the Phoenix.

OP
OP
srs

srs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When hooking up all offroad LED lights what purpose does the relay and the fuse block serve? Why not just direct fuse box? I'm not a very knowledgeable electric guy, but I can wire some shit up to turn on, just don't know too much about the protection.

wishbone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I mounted all of this to a sheet of metal cut to size and then installed above and behind glove box. Only needed to run a 4 gauge power wire from battery through firewall to fuse block. Like mentioned earlier, then run wires up A pillar, inside headliner and cut a small hole through headliner for the switch panel. Works great and now I've got 6 additional switches to help out with my offroad lighting addiction.

That's nice. I always liked the source solution, but that seems a lot cheaper to put together. Nice wiring as well. I might give this a shot.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
When hooking up all offroad LED lights what purpose does the relay and the fuse block serve? Why not just direct fuse box? I'm not a very knowledgeable electric guy, but I can wire some shit up to turn on, just don't know too much about the protection.

The fuse block helps keep you from burning your truck to the ground. Lol.

Relays take the load off the switches. Constant 12v runs to the relay and the device plugs into that. Then when you turn your switch on it sends power to the relay and allows that constant 12v to power the device. Seems more in depth but it's the proper/safe way to do it. There's more technical stuff to it. I know how to do a lot I just can't always tell you why. Lol

Chris's FX4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What gets wired to the distribution box with the blue wires in your setup?