Custom Rocker Switches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

srs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone on here a while back posted a picture of a set of rocker switches mounted on the headliner above the sunglass holder. For the life of me I can not find it again. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I'm looking for the mounting plate that works with those switches. One of the switches looked like this:

Attachments

• M95487936.jpg
    M95487936.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 767

rap67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone on here a while back posted a picture of a set of rocker switches mounted on the headliner above the sunglass holder. For the life of me I can not find it again. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I'm looking for the mounting plate that works with those switches. One of the switches looked like this:

rookie maybe. i know he has these but not sure if that was his post you're referring to.

this is a link he sent to me..credit goes to him.

Universal with Modular 6 Switch Panel

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
They make a mounting plate that will hold switches you buy and then whatever switch covers you get. I have the spod system which Marc posted and ordered the custom switch covers from otrattw.

OP
OP
srs

srs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They make a mounting plate that will hold switches you buy and then whatever switch covers you get. I have the spod system which Marc posted and ordered the custom switch covers from otrattw.

Rookie-did you mount yours into the headliner or into the sunglass holder?

OP
OP
srs

srs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have a thread or any write up on how you did this? It looks fairly simple, but I was a bit worried about the curvature in the headliner there and not sure how well it all fits together.
I'm assuming mark the area you want to cut, cut the fabric in a X pattern, pull back, dremel cut the plastic and pop it in right?
Any tips?

btw....just realized you are Mobile Beats....funny

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
9984-switches.jpg

Not sure what happened to my build thread pics.

If I get up to MI to help @marcj33 install his maybe I'll do a full write up. It is very simple.

They include a cutout template. I marked what I needed to cut, used a utility knife to cut through. It's just fabric and a hard foam material. Then I used a oscillating tool to cut the plastic just behind that spot. Few bolts to get the a pillar and headliner off. Run the harness down the passenger side and out the firewall grommet on the passenger side. I mounted the source on the passenger side since there's a lot more room.

Surprisingly it fits very well. You don't even notice the curvature difference.

Last edited: