Creaks, squeaks, clunks and pops

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alysium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just hit 24k miles and barely 9 months of ownership, Eibach springs and icon rxt adjustable leafs at option 1, my baby is staring to sound like an old construction truck.

here's what I have so far:

1. clunking from the front end when accelerating from a stop.
2. clunking from the front when coming to a stop.
3. rear leafs creaking and squeaking like crazy.

i doused the leafs with white lithium grease spray but it only fixed the noise for two days.

I'm getting interior rattles too, but I can live with that and fix that later on.

thoughts and suggestions?

Evpilot

Reaction score
I’m good at interior squeaks. I have Tesla Model S and when there’s no engine sound you notice all other rattles and squeaks a lot more. Usually it’s the metal clips used to mount all the plastics or it’s plastic rubbing against plastic. What I did was remove the offending panel and add a very thin felt tape on top of the clip. It’s thin enough to allow the clip to still go back in place. I also add the thin felt where plastic overlaps plastic. This is the stuff I used. JVCC FELT-06 Polyester Felt Tape [1mm thickness felt]: 1 in. x 75 ft. (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013H8QDQG/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

Reaper308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have Deavers and about three months after putting them on I developed a popping creaking sound I talked to the owner on Deaver and he said it was probably what they called a hot spot so I’m taking mine off completely having them powder coated and then rebuilding them. Deaver sent me new U-Bolts and new parts to rebuild the leafs I also ordered a Teflon spray coating recommended by Deaver when I rebuild I will spray between each leaf when reassembling. I also have SVC Shackles going on to replace the stock ones. So I’m hoping these things will quite down when I’m finished. That’s what’s probably going on with your rears

JTN

Reaction score
I have Deavers and about three months after putting them on I developed a popping creaking sound I talked to the owner on Deaver and he said it was probably what they called a hot spot so I’m taking mine off completely having them powder coated and then rebuilding them. Deaver sent me new U-Bolts and new parts to rebuild the leafs I also ordered a Teflon spray coating recommended by Deaver when I rebuild I will spray between each leaf when reassembling. I also have SVC Shackles going on to replace the stock ones. So I’m hoping these things will quite down when I’m finished. That’s what’s probably going on with your rears
How did this turn out?

Reaper308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After the powder coating and Teflon spray the Deavers didn’t squeak or pop at all.

ESPcoatings

Reaction score
On this topic...
I thought it was worth mentioning that Cerakote has a friction coefficient similar to Teflon. It may be helpful future knowledge.