Crazy ass dealer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mpd510

Reaction score
Not exactly. You are correct on what will happen in the immediate future. However, there are plenty of people who will wait to get the deal they think is reasonable. For some, that means waiting till the Raptor price drops. For others, that means switching over to the TRX or whatever other vehicle draws there attention, dropping out of the future market.

So sure, Ford's dealer's might be able to milk an extra $5k out of buyer's right now, but the practice could result in 2-3 other buyers who were willing to may MSRP going elsewhere. Sure, you still sell everything on your lot, but you might have to do it at prices below MSRP. You maximize profits not just by maxing price, but by finding the sweet spot in volume and price.
The problem with this theory is that Ford will sell every Raptor they make and would sell more if they could make more. If you cant tell from reading this forum, we are all hungry for the Raptor. Those that want to wait will wait but it doesn't matter. New Raptor flat sells and that's the bottom line.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dealers are in business to make money. Everyone isn't a good negotiator. When someone comes in and pays sticker for a vehicle while someone else knows the market and the product and negotiates lower, does that may the dealer "bad'?
Exactly. Ignorance is taxed. People willing to pay MSRP, or even worse, willing to walk in and say "We can afford $xxxx per month, what do you recommend?" pay in part for my vehicles.

Floyd554

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On a good note…….My salesman just called me. Said they been getting calls from several people around the country inquiring about the Raptor I have ordered. It’s a dealer stock order i did that he promised me at MSRP. He’s told me multiple times “We are good…you don’t need to put down a deposit”. Today he said his GM got ahold of him. The GM now wants a deposit just to reassure that I am going to buy it because others will pay ADM for it. I told him I’d be up with a check. Still MSRP for me. Things could still change, but I do want to believe there are still honorable people in the car business. .

tooloud10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, LOL at the idea that any dealer is selling every vehicle at invoice in the year 2021. Their margins would be significantly lower than their competition. Selling cars at invoice in a market like this would drastically increase their payroll and decrease their overall productivity.

Does anyone here voluntarily work for significantly less money and work twice as hard as they could at the same job across town?

Lastly, if the dealer *were* selling every vehicle at invoice, the only way they could possibly make that a successful strategy would be to concentrate on volume or units sold. If that were the case, their identity wouldn't be such a big secret. See the threads about Granger Motors--they're an example of this strategy and are actively soliciting orders, which is totally cool with me!

Any dealer selling every car for invoice in 2021 would be marketing that intensely because that's the only way they could be successful.

Pinned

Reaction score
I called this dealer about a Gen 2 they had on the lot back in April - I didn't end up buying from them, and I am not surprised that they are trying to get that sort of money for the Gen 3.