Cracked Valve Cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New looks so good! I hope that all goes well with the install and your back on the road asap. Hopefully some pictures of the damage. The fact that it happened in the first place with such a short time owning it still sucks big time. All the best

OP
OP
Jason Krakauer

Jason Krakauer

Reaction score
You're all gonna be mad - I don't think I'm getting any pics of the damage. I was kinda shocked, but my mechanic got the old unit out and new motor swapped in over the weekend (way sooner than they originally told me). So my plans to linger over there yesterday and watch while they gutted my wounded whip didn't pan out. It's tucked up on the pallet right now - so the only way I'm going to be able to poke around is if they didn't already drain the oil (which I suspect they did). It's too heavy and messy for me to go in there now and start pulling off the oil pan to check on bearings and such (too bad).

Good news is that the new motor is acting just fine ... drove it around some yesterday and not showing any ill affects (sounds good, runs well ... gauges and levels show nominally. They baked in an oil change in 2-wks to the total cost of the service, so that's good to be sure no crud traveled over in the accessories ... and then at about 1500 miles after that, I'm going to swap out oil again (should be good for my initial break-in period).

I was also pleased to find out that the new motor comes w/ a Ford 3-year/unlimited mileage warranty, serviceable at any Ford dealer. Hoping I never need to use that, but good to know it's there should I run into any issues.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You're all gonna be mad - I don't think I'm getting any pics of the damage. I was kinda shocked, but my mechanic got the old unit out and new motor swapped in over the weekend (way sooner than they originally told me). So my plans to linger over there yesterday and watch while they gutted my wounded whip didn't pan out. It's tucked up on the pallet right now - so the only way I'm going to be able to poke around is if they didn't already drain the oil (which I suspect they did). It's too heavy and messy for me to go in there now and start pulling off the oil pan to check on bearings and such (too bad).

Good news is that the new motor is acting just fine ... drove it around some yesterday and not showing any ill affects (sounds good, runs well ... gauges and levels show nominally. They baked in an oil change in 2-wks to the total cost of the service, so that's good to be sure no crud traveled over in the accessories ... and then at about 1500 miles after that, I'm going to swap out oil again (should be good for my initial break-in period).

I was also pleased to find out that the new motor comes w/ a Ford 3-year/unlimited mileage warranty, serviceable at any Ford dealer. Hoping I never need to use that, but good to know it's there should I run into any issues.
What a Debbie downer!! No pics! AT least you can enjoy it now.