Cracked Valve Cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Jason Krakauer

Jason Krakauer

Reaction score
I'll get what I can - I'm not attempting on my lonesome, so it'll be whatever I can get the shop to grab or when I go over to bother them. They're only around the corner from my house, I suspect they're going to want to get the job done pretty quickly as I've already been over there about a dozen times poking around since I dropped it.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'll get what I can - I'm not attempting on my lonesome, so it'll be whatever I can get the shop to grab or when I go over to bother them. They're only around the corner from my house, I suspect they're going to want to get the job done pretty quickly as I've already been over there about a dozen times poking around since I dropped it.
Well, then they are used to you being bothersome, perfect!

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you think about a complete motor fully dressed with turbos for $6K Shipped with 20 miles on it? I have no idea if that is a good deal or not? Everything but the PCM.

OP
OP
Jason Krakauer

Jason Krakauer

Reaction score
My thing is - if I’m into a replacement for $3500 (new) and even with some labor moving turbos and such ... I just feel better knowing this one is brand new. 20 miles is low ... but then shipping is still at least on par with the long block (prob more) and you just never know what you’re getting.

Like how has it been stored. Is there a possibility of moisture. Did anything get put to bed in a bad way. Ultimately prob work out to about the same total costs... but I feel better about factory new. I’m not super worried about any of the accessories being hurt/damaged on my motor. I’ll do some basic prevent maintenance stuff like belts ... but should be fine outside of that.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Surprisingly came full of oil and with a filter attached. I was getting into which oil I was gonna use for break-in ... don’t need to now.
I have never heard of that before. I wonder if they broke it in at the factory or not. My last crate motor was broken in and then they drained the oil. Either way, it saves you some money :)

OP
OP
Jason Krakauer

Jason Krakauer

Reaction score
Yeah. I wasn’t expecting it either. Tech seemed to think they ran it at the factory and shipped it sealed.

I’m prob dumping / changing the first oil after 4/500 miles to be safe ... since I’m reusing all the accessories and don’t want any of that old metal to run through this one.