Covert Weapons Storage Ideas...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good morning everyone,

So I'm now tinkering with the idea of how and where I'll be storing my weapon in my new truck.

My initial thought was to go this route, Console Vault, and I'd be very interested in hearing from those of you who may have this in your trucks.. especially is this the right model for the Raptor and your general impressions, likes, dislikes, etc...

I'm also considering having something custom fabricated and either installing a lockable storage under my seat or having an even more trick, custom compartment installed somewhere in the vehicle like a couple of the drug dealers I have busted in the past. Pity I never thought to ask them where they got the work done.. lol

I am grateful for any ideas, insights, tips, etc.. that any of you can provide. Also if anyone can point me toward a solid custom fabricator that'd be awesome.. I'm out here in central PA at the moment but am close enough to most of the major east coast cities (Chicago, NYC, Baltimore, D.C., Pittsburgh and Philly)

Thanks and I look forward to some good dialogue..

~BGM

LVdezertdawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the console vault installed in my truck, it is a 2010 model, Simple install and I would do it again. It is a good deterrent. The only con I can think of is you lose the capability for the change and accesory tray that comes with the truck console.

NY SCREW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
a custom sequence hiding spot is great and all but if your thinking anything like the stuff ive seen where it gets complicated you lose the edge of time ild say something within arms reach with the ability to quick draw ....the crazier you go with hidden compartments an tricks to open them the more you lose the edge of being able to draw an fire fast god forbid the occasion comes just my opinion...i think on the right hand side theres alot of room below the steering wheel for something simple to be cut an fabbed you could add a nice sliding tray with a lock or something just food for thouhgt ive spent some time wondering like you

OP
OP
Big Green Machine

Big Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a custom sequence hiding spot is great and all but if your thinking anything like the stuff ive seen where it gets complicated you lose the edge of time ild say something within arms reach with the ability to quick draw ....the crazier you go with hidden compartments an tricks to open them the more you lose the edge of being able to draw an fire fast god forbid the occasion comes just my opinion...i think on the right hand side theres alot of room below the steering wheel for something simple to be cut an fabbed you could add a nice sliding tray with a lock or something just food for thouhgt ive spent some time wondering like you

Thanks LV.. yea it looked like you lost the little console organizer thing but if that's the price you gotta pay then ok. Overall though you didn't lost too much of the interior volume did you? I like how big the center console is and don't want to artificially make it way smaller.

NY.. I carry on my person most all the time.. I was thinking of using this storage for simply a safe spot to stash the pistol when I need to leave it in the ride for whatever reason so time to access is not necessarily a major concern. I wasn't thinking of anything incredibly complicated like the sequenced locks I've seen but more simple.. may a two sequence opening or a magnet activated switch like I saw once before.. I'll be sure to let you know if I come up with something very cool... for obvious reasons I won't be posting a detailed plan open source.

~BGM

crashmc302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's funny this thread is here, as I'm sittin in a concealed carry class right now. I was thinking of goin the route another member went and mount it next to my right leg. I had considered it but never went through w it because i didnt want to punch holes in things and find out I couldn't or didn't like it Technically concealed, but it won't matter once I have the permit. And I was thinking of a sturdy lock box for when i go to those places I can't carry a firearm in. I think I'm gonna rig up a rifle mount in there somehow too, in more of a tactical sense rather than hanging up in a window. Maybe I'll start a thread for all the gun nerds too, to show off their tricked out guns

Lance Vincent

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's funny this thread is here, as I'm sittin in a concealed carry class right now. I was thinking of goin the route another member went and mount it next to my right leg. I had considered it but never went through w it because i didnt want to punch holes in things and find out I couldn't or didn't like it Technically concealed, but it won't matter once I have the permit. And I was thinking of a sturdy lock box for when i go to those places I can't carry a firearm in. I think I'm gonna rig up a rifle mount in there somehow too, in more of a tactical sense rather than hanging up in a window. Maybe I'll start a thread for all the gun nerds too, to show off their tricked out guns

Still working on my lock box. It worked behind the rear seat in my F450. I have not found a spot i like in the Raptor yet.

Will post pics of the box.

Attachments

• DSC03588.jpg
    DSC03588.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 222
  • DSC03591.jpg
    DSC03591.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 202

willis68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still working on my lock box. It worked behind the rear seat in my F450. I have not found a spot i like in the Raptor yet.

Will post pics of the box.

I have a P220 that I want to mount like this, only on the right side so it will be easier to drawl

What holster is that?