Corner balancing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Corner-balancing, in simple terms,is adjusting the car so there's an equal amount of weight on all four tires.

I know this normally use on street cars, but wouldn't this help while our trucks are in the air?

It has already been shown that our trucks are weight biased towards the driver side front. If you would balance out the weight front to back and side to side. This would help the over all performance of the truck.

-Greg (aka squatting dog)

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have plans to do this on a HotRod that I am working on but the Raptor has a Big Ass gas-tank on one side.

OP
OP
Squatting Dog

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That was my issue with the bed mounted aux tank.. Since most of the weight is already on driver side.. Thinking about having bed mounted 40 gallon tank on the passenger side.

My question is, is it really worth the effort on the Raptor to balance it out?

-Greg (aka squatting dog)

onesickpuppy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not sure once you measured it how you adjust it up or down. We used to do it with our 1/2 1600 car, but the torsen bars could be adjusted individually to get even numbers and the ratio fron to back is fixed when car is built and with drivers/riders in and fueled.
Now if you truck is side launching of square bumps (square being even hight and 90 degrees to hitting it) then you have some issues and it tough with leaf springs. I would guess the front perches could be staggered for pre-load. All thing conciddered, it would be tough and yes the large gas tank on one side does mess up symitry, put spares off to other side to balance out???