Cooled seats not turning on??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FatBuoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well! Now that we all agree...

Perhaps we can shift this to a more productive topic. How in the hell can I boost the cooling in my seat? I did see an improved exhaust vent fix that a guy made, but there are mixed reviews and I'm not convinced enough to spend the cash on it. Any ideas? I was thrilled to have my first set of cooled seats here in TX. They are ok, but not what I was hoping for. A stronger fan would do it, I think, but not sure how this would be possible. Suggestions?

photoneffect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well! Now that we all agree...

Perhaps we can shift this to a more productive topic. How in the hell can I boost the cooling in my seat? I did see an improved exhaust vent fix that a guy made, but there are mixed reviews and I'm not convinced enough to spend the cash on it. Any ideas? I was thrilled to have my first set of cooled seats here in TX. They are ok, but not what I was hoping for. A stronger fan would do it, I think, but not sure how this would be possible. Suggestions?

I just installed this today. I did the passenger side first and then switched back and forth to compare. Definitely felt a noticeable difference. Nothing groundbreaking, but I'd say the back now is close to what the bottom does which before was completely useless. Worth the $200 IMO.

Also as far as instruction go there are a couple things I'd add. First when taking off the clips on the bottom you're separating the clip from the seat -- you're not disconnecting. Give it a real good pull downward and you're good. Also, when taking the sock off the instake pry it off rather than cutting the sock. Saves a step. Just insert a screwdriver where the sock touches the plastic and pry apart gently. Pulls the plastic piece that's connected to the sock away from the intake fan. First seat took 1 hour and the second seat was like 5-10 minutes.

FatBuoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed this today. I did the passenger side first and then switched back and forth to compare. Definitely felt a noticeable difference. Nothing groundbreaking, but I'd say the back now is close to what the bottom does which before was completely useless. Worth the $200 IMO.

Also as far as instruction go there are a couple things I'd add. First when taking off the clips on the bottom you're separating the clip from the seat -- you're not disconnecting. Give it a real good pull downward and you're good. Also, when taking the sock off the instake pry it off rather than cutting the sock. Saves a step. Just insert a screwdriver where the sock touches the plastic and pry apart gently. Pulls the plastic piece that's connected to the sock away from the intake fan. First seat took 1 hour and the second seat was like 5-10 minutes.

Thank you for the tips and assessment. I'm actually wanting more air from the seat bottom as well. Not sure if there is a solution. Did you notice any difference there?

photoneffect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the tips and assessment. I'm actually wanting more air from the seat bottom as well. Not sure if there is a solution. Did you notice any difference there?

I don't think so. I think I remember reading somewhere that there's a TED for the top and a TED for the bottom so doing this wouldn't make any difference.
And this solution doesn't really give you "more" air. It just gives you good hoses for the intake and exhaust of the TED so that the air being pulled in is from the cabin and the hot air isn't being trapped in the seat. Thus the air cooling the seat is just cooler.

Monster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So many errors.
0109b609e043022d62141984eaa239d61bd68f1f27bbc21410.jpg

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

I got it for you.

Crash,
I agree with your posts on this board and I'm not trying to pick a fight...just being entertained by this thread while drinking whiskey and coke.

But I think "It is in reference to the "ducting" and source of the air conditioning" ( ie: "chilled air" for the seats)" is a complete sentence. I tuned out on the rest of the grammatical corrections but it was funny AF.

If I said "It is in reference to Sansquach's mom", wouldn't that be a complete sentence?
V/R

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crash,
I agree with your posts on this board and I'm not trying to pick a fight...just being entertained by this thread while drinking whiskey and coke.

But I think "It is in reference to the "ducting" and source of the air conditioning" ( ie: "chilled air" for the seats)" is a complete sentence. I tuned out on the rest of the grammatical corrections but it was funny AF.

If I said "It is in reference to Sansquach's mom", wouldn't that be a complete sentence?
V/R

You are correct, sir. With the amount of grammatical errors in the post, I got carried away.