Considering moving to a raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mptx

Reaction score
I’m currently in a 21’ f250 tremor with 7.3.

I’m possibly changing jobs to where I won’t need a 3/4 ton. I’m considering getting into a raptor, I like the idea of the 6.2L but I guess my concern is buying used. I’d be getting an old 7.3 f350 single cab flatbed for heavy use when needed. So selling the tremor and getting a used raptor would in theory save me some money on the payment. But in order to make it make sense I’d have to find a raptor under 40k.

I guess my question is, what year models should I stay away from on the raptors?

I’ve had a 3.5 EB but got rid of it because I needed something heavier duty and the turbos going out concerned me

yoopercharged

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're set on a 6.2L then a 2014 is going to be your best bet in terms of reliability. You should be able to find a clean truck with 75-100k miles in your budget. Make sure it has a solid service history and the undercarriage looks unmolested.

If you're willing to give the Ecoboost a try, I believe the cam phaser issue was addressed midway through the 2019 model year. The Gen 2 guys can correct me if I'm wrong. Good luck with your search!

RAPTORZIN

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A quick search of Cargurus.com shows 12 nationwide '14's. Only two with less than 70K on it (29,950 & 48,750), all one owners it would appear. Price ranges from $32k to $56k