To those considering a first generation raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
I luved both of my Gen1’s. I wish I was able to afford keeping both of them.
Both were 2010’s, every option on the order sheet, no front camera or any of that Fancy stuff you rich folk have now. I ordered mine, Molten Orange (still the best color) and my best friends ( black) at the same time, equipped exactly the same.
We waited 6 months to get them, No China Virus, no fake shortages or delays.
I put 40k miles on the Great Pumpkin, 40% Trail, 60% Street. Had to sell her to be able to get my youngest daughter a new car :( I was kind of Raptorless for almost a year, but not really. We were still hitting the Trail at least 2x a week in “Black Beauty “ My Friend was 80 and died within that Raptorless year. His wife sold me Black Beauty and I Rode Her out for 200k miles, again the 40/60 split, Trail to HardBall.
In the 240k miles I did not have ANY COMPLAINTS. Serviced by book, both kept stock (kids = 0 extra Raptor cash for me) I had to replace an alternator on our 10k mile rode trip on Black Beauty and that gas tank relocate fuse thing.Otherwise Nothing to Write Home to Mother About ;)
Bonus with the 2010’s was the BORN IN BAJA CD that came with the Raptor. Showing its life story and 1st place Finish in the Baja. Someone, I apologize I forgot who, was kind enough to find it posted on YouTube and share it.
If you really want to appreciate the Birth and History of The Raptor, WATCH THE MOVIE. It will be a very enjoyable One hour something, of your time!

I will keep this brief….:happy175::happy175:
I was worried that I wouldn’t luv my Gen2, nearly as much as the original:( but in time it has grown on me, the tech and suspension improvements (I have to keep mine stock) are a plus on my old jacked up body.
The Bottom line is this….

ALL MFING RAPTORS MATTER!!!
If you are lucky enough to own ANY RAPTOR, you are Truly Blessed.
I had a Dream the other night…
God said “FEAR NOT BUNMAN….THERE ARE RAPTORS AND ENDLESS DIRT TRAILS IN HEAVEN” Jesus then added….”OH BUT WHERE YOUR GOING, BRING EXTRA COOLANT , IT’S LIKE VEGAS IN JULY!”

So I got that going for me, Which is nice…;)

A2DD4EB3-7C69-4ED7-9960-0A08D28A8AFA.jpeg388AA386-01DC-44BA-BA78-696B13DCAE77.jpeg0A7F504C-DABC-4787-B3E0-5CE65C5F26E5.jpegB3487045-1B53-43C1-A43E-4C1B357B79CA.jpegA416E85B-CBDF-4262-B086-FD0E1CF0F2AD.jpeg

Last edited:

Gen1TillDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bonus with the 2010’s was the BORN IN BAJA CD that came with the Raptor. Showing its life story and 1st place Finish in the Baja. Someone, I apologize I forgot who, was kind enough to find it posted on YouTube and share it.
If you really want to appreciate the Birth and History of The Raptor, WATCH THE MOVIE. It will be a very enjoyable One hour sometime of your time!
Agreed, I think it should be mandatory to watch it !!!

Gumby

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thank you to @John M BUNMAN !!!!!!!!!!! I just spent the last hour and forty min watching Raptor Born in Baja....on Youtube It was AWSOME!!!!!! if you haven't seen it........ you own a raptor you should. @Gen1TillDeath "mandatory" kinda implies it is punishment, it is so not. LOL

Since it is technically the wife's daly it just became "mandatory" going to watch it again with her.

Gen1TillDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you to @John M BUNMAN !!!!!!!!!!! I just spent the last hour and forty min watching Raptor Born in Baja....on Youtube It was AWSOME!!!!!! if you haven't seen it........ you own a raptor you should. @Gen1TillDeath "mandatory" kinda implies it is punishment, it is so not. LOL
Got me the there, it’s pretty exciting to watch for sure!