Concerns with new 2020 truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
W

Wayne Lee

Reaction score
I have about 800-900 miles on the truck. Only used high octane, I run in the normal mode and no mods done.

The hesitation is like it stalls for a second then goes. I stop and when I turn and give it gas it hesitates. I have to turn left on to my road I live on and it is a busy road. When I go I have to go quick, most of the time. But on 2 occasions (i recall well) when I give it the gas and turn left it hesitates...n it goes It has been too close for me with oncoming cars, and it shouldn't be.

Thank you for all the input.

OP
OP
W

Wayne Lee

Reaction score
How do you disable the auto start/stop?

I unplugged the small bottom plug under the dash . I did the same thing on my 2018 F150 and used it like that for over a year with no issues (I do not do any towing or anything). This stops it from cutting off. It is not really disabling it but more unplugging a feature that bypasses that as an option (or so it was explained to me). Hope that makes sense.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
normal mode + stability control/traction control.

KO2’s are easy to spin in 2h.
when you cut the wheels, the truck is applying sciencey things to your driving to keep you from spinning the wheels, getting sideways, both and to just generally cut down on the amount of fun you can have.

Seriously, try gassing it in normal mode, 2h in a turn. Heck, even 4a normal.

I have the same issue leaving my old gym; 90 degree right turn on to a 6 lane divided hwy. That place was seriously overcrowded with lots of unwashed peasants in their peasant bmws and lexus( what is the plural of lexus anyway? ). if you don’t hit the gas hard, you’re parked there for hours on end. Even in 4a, I can induce enough spin to have stability control spank me for having too much fun. On DRY PAVEMENT !

But, I can feel it chop power until my wheels are almost perfectly straight. If I did it right, I don’t get the dreaded 100% power cut.

OP
OP
W

Wayne Lee

Reaction score
normal mode + stability control/traction control.

KO2’s are easy to spin in 2h.
when you cut the wheels, the truck is applying sciencey things to your driving to keep you from spinning the wheels, getting sideways, both and to just generally cut down on the amount of fun you can have.

Seriously, try gassing it in normal mode, 2h in a turn. Heck, even 4a normal.

I have the same issue leaving my old gym; 90 degree right turn on to a 6 lane divided hwy. That place was seriously overcrowded with lots of unwashed peasants in their peasant bmws and lexus( what is the plural of lexus anyway? ). if you don’t hit the gas hard, you’re parked there for hours on end. Even in 4a, I can induce enough spin to have stability control spank me for having too much fun. On DRY PAVEMENT !

But, I can feel it chop power until my wheels are almost perfectly straight. If I did it right, I don’t get the dreaded 100% power cut.

Thanks for the reply. With this adjustment it is doing there is not much I can do then?

DEGBTI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got my raptor and feel the same thing. I bought a pedal commander and pretty much fixed it, easy

-Ryan-

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same issue multiple times with my 2018. I would go to make a right turn at a light, hit the gas and nothing, no rev, no power, traffic oncoming. It was like the truck was in 10th gear instead of 1st or 2nd. After a second or two I would have power but it wasn't like i was lighting up the tires. I really don't think it was a traction ( or traction control) issue. I think it's a transmission issue. Anyways, it's been a long time since that's happened. I always drive in sport mode now but not sure if that solved it or the transmission software got a little smarter over time.