Comprehensive Ford Raptor Supercab Subwoofer/Amp installation Instructions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IA_Raptor

Reaction score
I'm working on a 2013 SuperCrew.
Is it possible to route a 2 gauge power wire through that hole in the firewall? I spent two hours trying and finally gave up. I'll try it again in the morning. I'm no expert but I have installed quite a few systems. I've never struggled this much running the power cable. I had a short piece of 4 gauge laying around and I even tried to run that through and couldn't. Not sure what the heck I'm missing. I assume you pulled the grommet and then poked a hole through the foam, correct? Did you then just push the wire straight through, or did you angle it. I think I've tried everything to no avail and I'm very frustrated!

Also, does anyone know which wires on the amp (under the console) are the low level inputs? I'd much rather tie directly into them, rather than to the high-level outputs.

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
No you don't poke straight through....as per my pictures and instructions you need to go down and toward the passenger side kick panel. It is tricky but would be easiest if you use something to guide the wire.

IA_Raptor

Reaction score
No you don't poke straight through....as per my pictures and instructions you need to go down and toward the passenger side kick panel. It is tricky but would be easiest if you use something to guide the wire.

Ah, I see! When you referenced "shove it through" I pictured going through the foam. It was a really long day yesterday and I really shouldn't have been working on a project like that at 11:00pm. Hopefully I didn't mess anything up putting a hole in that foam. I'll get back out there shortly. Thank you for the excellent write up, BTW.

Any chance someone knows which wires are the low level inputs on a SuperCrew?? I'm adding subs and don't want to use a high-low converter unless I have to.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the low level inputs wont work. the radio sends the data signal to the amp, and then the amp determines which signal goes where. the amp is also the crossover. your best bet would be to just get the woofer wires after the amp

IA_Raptor

Reaction score
the low level inputs wont work. the radio sends the data signal to the amp, and then the amp determines which signal goes where. the amp is also the crossover. your best bet would be to just get the woofer wires after the amp

That's what I was afraid of. Damn. One thing that confuses me though... I've searched install threads and it seems like a lot of guys with SCrews are tapping into the wires under the console when they're just adding subs. Why do that when they can just use the subwoofer wires under the back seat, like BIRDMAN did? I already have my console out but see no advantage of using anything under there. Am I missing something?

Thank you for the feedback, guys!

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
you can get the wires anywhere as long as its after the amp. but mounting your high/low converter close to the amp might give you noise

lockman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok my question is I have a 2012 supercab without the sony system at all. does it still have the wores back there to tap off of. Or would i have to take the radio off and get the signal from there.
thanks for the help

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
most likely you would have to pull the deck. i have not seen a raptor without the nav system, but if it is like every other f150 then the wires are behind the deck.

also, i know a member who has an alpine nav for sale with the alpine dash kit, if you are interested in upgrading

lockman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a pioneer nav unit in the house just not sure about putting it in because I was told it was 250 for the box to make it work with the sync stuff and 50 for the one for the steering wheel controls. and 150 for the mount. That's why it isn't in the truck yet