Comprehensive Ford Raptor Supercab Subwoofer/Amp installation Instructions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I ended up with the same high level converter in my 2013 screw. And I used a fuse tap in the pass kick panel. It was difficult to find one that actually switched off with the ignition but its in there. The amp does switch off with the ignition but keeps the battery from being drained too.
BTW there was more than 1 call to The Car Stereo Company with tons of helpful tips.

Fred- do u have a fuse number that u can give for others using a fuse tap? It'll help save us from the troubles if you could be so kind....
Thanks

Method NV/37's
Boatec front and Rear fenders
Rigid dually's in fogs
Heads retrofitted by me!
FOR NOW!

Last edited:

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
I'm hoping someone can help me out here... This is the first vehicle I've actually kept the stock headunit (nav screen) so maybe I expected too much? With everything installed, I'm just not happy with the bass. It's like all highs and just a little low bass, which doesn't make sense and while listening to rap makes it sound a little better than rock, I'm just disappointed.......but very well could be something on my part.

I have:
JL 10W0v3
JL JX250/1
SCS single sub box
Stinger SGN11 converter (Stinger Electronics | Product Details)
Stinger 8ga power wire kit

Install went smooth thanks to this write-up, but not sure what deal is. I figured bass, if anything, would be over powering most rest of factory components. While it is better than stock, I found gain turned to top, plus the boost 3/4 or more, it'll clip the sub... Doesn't really matter on that too much but just seems like I'm not getting the full sound of the sub even though amp is set at 220hz.

Only thing I can figure is my converter can only handle 20w so I may need to upgrade it to the 50w version and possibility the variable one too?

Any input is VERY much appreciated!!! I want some umph!

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
I'm hoping someone can help me out here... This is the first vehicle I've actually kept the stock headunit (nav screen) so maybe I expected too much? With everything installed, I'm just not happy with the bass. It's like all highs and just a little low bass, which doesn't make sense and while listening to rap makes it sound a little better than rock, I'm just disappointed.......but very well could be something on my part.

I have:
JL 10W0v3
JL JX250/1
SCS single sub box
Stinger SGN11 converter (Stinger Electronics | Product Details)
Stinger 8ga power wire kit

Install went smooth thanks to this write-up, but not sure what deal is. I figured bass, if anything, would be over powering most rest of factory components. While it is better than stock, I found gain turned to top, plus the boost 3/4 or more, it'll clip the sub... Doesn't really matter on that too much but just seems like I'm not getting the full sound of the sub even though amp is set at 220hz.

Only thing I can figure is my converter can only handle 20w so I may need to upgrade it to the 50w version and possibility the variable one too?

Any input is VERY much appreciated!!! I want some umph!

What are all your switches and levels set at on your amp? Is your mode/slop switch on your amp set to 12db ? Makes a huge difference. And your low pass filter should not be set all the way up at 200 Hz...more like 50hz.

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
Gain is set a max, slop is set about half way from 12db. It barely hits at 0db for slop, if turned that up more than 3/4 it jacks it up.

My low pass on amp is at max now, 200hz.. Should I crank it down?.

Just crazy to me that with sub I'm not overpowered with bass.. And bass isn'tssounding remotely like in think it should or even close to it. Gotta be something I didn't do or didn't set right.

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Gain is set a max, slop is set about half way from 12db. It barely hits at 0db for slop, if turned that up more than 3/4 it jacks it up.

My low pass on amp is at max now, 200hz.. Should I crank it down?.

Just crazy to me that with sub I'm not overpowered with bass.. And bass isn'tssounding remotely like in think it should or even close to it. Gotta be something I didn't do or didn't set right.

There is a switch, not a dial, that says mode/slope 0/12db/24db. try setting that to the middle setting which is 12db. Also what is your input voltage switch set at? You have the 250/1 the same amp as me right?

Yes turn your low pass filter down almost all the way or else it will allow higher frequency to play and sound like crap.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You only want the low pass to be in the bass ranges which top out under 80. Your trying to play stuff above that through your sub as well.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
almost correct bird. low pass should be set between 85-100hz. i dont think the jx series has adjustable slope. which would help greatly. what i have noticed is that the smaller amp and sub setups are affected more by the oem eq than the bigger amps and subs. the jx at 4ohm is 175 watts. the 10w0 can handle up to 300 continuous watts. so you have room to add more power. i dont know about the box, but it can play quite a large roll in sound as well. as maxx pointed out, you need some kind of processor to eliminate the eq curve the sony system puts out.

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
almost correct bird. low pass should be set between 85-100hz. i dont think the jx series has adjustable slope. which would help greatly. what i have noticed is that the smaller amp and sub setups are affected more by the oem eq than the bigger amps and subs. the jx at 4ohm is 175 watts. the 10w0 can handle up to 300 continuous watts. so you have room to add more power. i dont know about the box, but it can play quite a large roll in sound as well. as maxx pointed out, you need some kind of processor to eliminate the eq curve the sony system puts out.

I thought he had the same setup as me which is why I thought there is no way he was disappointed with the bass unless a setting is way off. Copy on the LPF. Mine is set lower than 80 because I don't like how punchy it sounds set higher

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
Alright, I did as suggested and does sound better. I have the low pass at 100, the db knob around 1/2, if I turn that up any more it really sounds horrible.

I think alot of it was my expectations was set too high honestly. I was going from every vehicle I've owned having aftermarket headunits with least a pair of 10w3v2's to a stock unit with 1/2 the subs and half the power.

Sounds like I'm good on the converter, but should definitely consider getting the 250 amp and pushing the sub harder to get some more umph?