Colored Anodized Powertank air tank

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Halo Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getting ready to make a move into onboard / portable air. I see that Powertank comes in some fancy colors, my question is does it rub off. So If I get a cool blue one, are the mounting brackets going to rub off the anodizing making it look like chit. Or should I just get a silver one with no color to rub off. I know that may sound petty but a Powertank alone is 179.00 without a handle and I can get a silver 10lbs alum CO2 tank with a handle for 112.00. I know Powertank has a lifetime warranty on the tank. I have been pricing out the DIY version of this and can save you about 150 bucks. Not sure if its worth it yet though, still pondering that one.

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My alum bracket has rubber mounts that stick out from the bracket about 1/2". There are 6 if I remember correctly and these keep the bottle away from the metal. The straps are also rubber cushioned.
I do expect after some time off roading there will be some sort of witness mark....I think it will hold up rather well, but the reality if you use the truck off road (as intended) there are going to be some kind of something...

Sheeepdog18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have my blue tank mounted on my bed rack with no problem. It been two years and no rubbing off on the finish. Like Loufish said if you go off road a lot, it’ll will have some wear.68A3D124-C265-4C36-AC60-1F496EB1F0AD.jpegCC8324D9-297B-42AA-869E-7A1204E5F00C.jpeg6F133005-854B-41D9-9897-A0BEFD94CCFB.jpeg

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
With my Lightning Blue truck, that candy blue tanks looks good!
My last tank was plain alum 10 pounder....looked good also, but it was a 2wd truck so most of the time was only airing down 2 tires...so moved up to a 15 pound for the 4wd Raptor...

Sheeepdog18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the 15 lb one and that’s a permit size for my rack. I live an hr from the Power tank shop and went there to check out all of his tanks. The 20 lb tanks are a little too big and it up quite a bit of rooms.

OP
OP
Halo Raptor

Halo Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, Im in love with that sexy blue one. I do use my truck off road, thats why I was asking, if it rubs really bad (which it doesnt sound like it does) I was just going to get silver.

Second, was thinking of doing the DIY tank set up. Can save myself roughly 200 bucks. Anyone done the DIY or just go Powertank ?

Sheeepdog18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That depends on how low your tires were. I aired down to 28 psi and was able to fill up about 3 times.