Console paint issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kenbrackins

Reaction score
Hello all,

My 2018 Raptor started peeling paint on the console, but it looked like it was a rubbing issue. But there was no way my knee was causing that damage. I finally figured it out after I took a closer look. The paint was melting off of there. I could rub it and the paint rolled off. I keep my keys in the floor of my truck as I keep it in the garage. I put sunscreen on my arms daily because I am in the hot Florida sun. As I reach down to the floor to get my keys, my arm rubs that area and the sunscreen has melted the paint off. By the time I noticed the paint damage, it was too late. Now there is a large area where paint is gone. I see SEM has interior paint but I cannot find a color name or code for the silver metal flaked paint on my console. Any suggestions? Going to sell this one (silver 37k miles) since I have a new Raptor R in the build stage. Thank you!

Attachments

• Raptor console.jpg
    Raptor console.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 19

WKUSMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

My 2018 Raptor started peeling paint on the console, but it looked like it was a rubbing issue. But there was no way my knee was causing that damage. I finally figured it out after I took a closer look. The paint was melting off of there. I could rub it and the paint rolled off. I keep my keys in the floor of my truck as I keep it in the garage. I put sunscreen on my arms daily because I am in the hot Florida sun. As I reach down to the floor to get my keys, my arm rubs that area and the sunscreen has melted the paint off. By the time I noticed the paint damage, it was too late. Now there is a large area where paint is gone. I see SEM has interior paint but I cannot find a color name or code for the silver metal flaked paint on my console. Any suggestions? Going to sell this one (silver 37k miles) since I have a new Raptor R in the build stage. Thank you!
Hello all,

Thats a wear marked

OP
OP
kenbrackins

kenbrackins

Reaction score
Absolutely, 100% NOT a wear mark. As I stated, nothing touches this area except the back of my forearm when I reach down and pick up keys from floor. At first was a little bubbling and when I rubbed that area with my fingers, the paint literally rolled up and fell off. It was melted away. I have had exterior paint on a previous car ruined by sunscreen. Without a doubt, I am positive that sunscreen damaged the paint. That is factual. My post was to determine the paint code and not asking what caused the damage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free