Code Orange color not metallic?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ashleyg

Reaction score
I know there was a thread this summer about the Code Orange paint. Picked mine up a few months ago, I see no indication of anything metallic in the paint. I have also ordered a Cyber Orange Bronco, which clearly has metallic "tri coat" paint.

On my sticker it lists it as Code Orange Metallic.

Any paint experts?

GR8Ride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve been looking at the code Orange and it’s definitely not metallic unfortunately. So I’m reconsidering. Also was planning to order a Cyber Orange Bronco but waiting till I see it in person as many have said it’s actually yellow with orange metallic flakes. ‍♂️

CodeOrangeGen3

Reaction score
I’ve been looking at the code Orange and it’s definitely not metallic unfortunately. So I’m reconsidering. Also was planning to order a Cyber Orange Bronco but waiting till I see it in person as many have said it’s actually yellow with orange metallic flakes. ‍♂️
The cyber orange is pretty bad. Saw it on a ranger recently.

Devine Raptor

Reaction score
I actually like it better having no metallic. It looks like leadfoot, but orange... very unique sick color!

Broken Wrench

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like th orange but like you I did notice that the sticker says Code orange metallic. There is nothing metallic about it. Best orange metallic I have seen was on a dodge challenger it was a metallic orange that changed shades based on lighting, really nice. I like the orange, it is not black, white or shades of grey.

Low Rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered mine a couple months ago and decided to go with a different color as I have a 17 in Ruby Red, so I picked the code Orange metallic. So what recourse do we have, this is the problem with buying sight unseen just like my last one. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• 24DFEB25-2F2C-4DDE-AB70-A4B4D7A442A3.jpeg
    24DFEB25-2F2C-4DDE-AB70-A4B4D7A442A3.jpeg
    108.3 KB · Views: 17

Bullet Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After having five Ruby Red and Lucid Red trucks it's time for a change. Ordered Code Orange without seeing it in person. I'm friends with my dealership's GM and asked his advice. (a good man with over 30 years' experience) He told me that with limited production vehicles, the model specific colors like Code Orange are great for resale as you don't see them at every traffic light. Good enough reason for me.

CINISI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After having five Ruby Red and Lucid Red trucks it's time for a change. Ordered Code Orange without seeing it in person. I'm friends with my dealership's GM and asked his advice. (a good man with over 30 years' experience) He told me that with limited production vehicles, the model specific colors like Code Orange are great for resale as you don't see them at every traffic light. Good enough reason for me.
Why not buy it because you like the color and not some a car salesman says it’s a good color to buy? That’s just odd.

If you care about resale white and black are the safest colors. Orange would probably be the least popular of all available on the Raptor.