Code Orange color not metallic?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BabaMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After having five Ruby Red and Lucid Red trucks it's time for a change. Ordered Code Orange without seeing it in person. I'm friends with my dealership's GM and asked his advice. (a good man with over 30 years' experience) He told me that with limited production vehicles, the model specific colors like Code Orange are great for resale as you don't see them at every traffic light. Good enough reason for me.
Agree 100% I always buy something’s that’s unique to the model.
I don’t keep my cars for more than 2 years max so it works out but if I’m keeping something for a long time I would probably have to go with something I actually like.
BTW I love code orange, I get compliments everyday

housecat

Reaction score
See it in person before you make hasty judgements.

It doesn't sparkle, no. In cloudy weather it looks red, in the sun it looks distinctly orange. It hides dirt well and is easy to keep looking clean. It's also not a standard F150 color which helps it stand out more. The unique colors/limited colors always resell easier in my experience.

canuckian

Reaction score
it's definitely not metallic.
I chose it for a couple of reasons.... it's unique to the Raptor, orange has always been my favorite color and I likely won't see another in orange in my neck of the woods. The one '21 code orange that arrived at my dealer ended up in another province and mine's the only orange '22 that got ordered as far as I'm aware so I'd say the chances are slim I'll pull up next to another one just like it at a stoplight.

Bullet Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not buy it because you like the color and not some a car salesman says it’s a good color to buy? That’s just odd.

If you care about resale white and black are the safest colors. Orange would probably be the least popular of all available on the Raptor.
Well, let me explain.
I'm tired of white, had a bunch of them.
Black, while beautiful, isn't actually a color, it's a part time job. Too hard to keep clean! I can attest to that fact as I've owned about a bunch of them as well.
While your point is well made that orange isn't generally a popular color, take a look at the previous Gen 1 Raptors that are Molten Orange. They're pretty sought after due to their limited availability. My dealer says he can sell them quicker and for more money than any other color Gen 1.
Lastly,,, here's the real reason I picked Code Orange.
My daughter said, "the orange one Daddy!"
Can't argue with that my friend!
As previously stated, while I haven't seen it in person, I hope I can live with this "mystery orange" when it arrives, or I'll be trading sooner rather than later.

Last edited:

Bullet Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agree 100% I always buy something’s that’s unique to the model.
I don’t keep my cars for more than 2 years max so it works out but if I’m keeping something for a long time I would probably have to go with something I actually like.
BTW I love code orange, I get compliments everyday
Thanks BabaMike, hearing that you get compliments on your truck makes me rest easier tonight. People tend to be rather reserved with compliments unless they really like something.

CINISI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, let me explain.
I'm tired of white, had a bunch of them.
Black, while beautiful, isn't actually a color, it's a part time job. Too hard to keep clean! I can attest to that fact as I've owned about a bunch of them as well.
While your point is well made that orange isn't generally a popular color, take a look at the previous Gen 1 Raptors that are Molten Orange. They're pretty sought after due to their limited availability. My dealer says he can sell them quicker and for more money than any other color Gen 1.
Lastly,,, here's the real reason I picked Code Orange.
My daughter said, "the orange one Daddy!"
Can't argue with that my friend!
As previously stated, while I haven't seen it in person, I hope I can live with this "mystery orange" when it arrives, or I'll be trading sooner rather than later.
I’d listen to your daughter before any car salesmen. No question.
If it comes in and you don’t buy it I might be the next in line. Enjoy!

Bullet Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d listen to your daughter before any car salesmen. No question.
If it comes in and you don’t buy it I might be the next in line. Enjoy!
I know you'll appreciate this CINSI. I'm buying it for MSRP (pre-February price increase) minus $1395.00 for the Blue Cruise delete. Yes, honest dealers do still exist.